Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

I am PRIVAT-Versichert. Krankenversicherung for Wife?

Toggle
Hi,

I am insured by Privat KK. My wife joins me in few months.
We will stay in Germany for another year and she will not be working during that period.

So now I am looking for the possibilites of Krankenversicherung for her.
Can someone please bring more information about the options available.

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Re: I am PRIVAT-Versichert. Krankenversicherung for Wife?
Answer
4/18/08 1:13 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
If she does not work - there is only one option - she must have private insurance as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/08 4:15 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
That is not true!!!!!

I just went through all of this with my wife. If she does not work, she can have private insurance or legal. You can decide!!!!!!! Just ask an insurance company that offers legal insurance and they will give you all of the information you need, if you want your wife to have legal insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/08 5:53 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
@ lpd84

How much it costs per month approximately?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/28/08 4:01 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Yes, she can have state insurance if she never had one before in Germany. However you need to check how much it would cost - I believe (could be wrong) that in this case - since she is not working - it would be freiwillig - and you end-up paying max amount - around 500 Euro/month.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/08 2:29 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Hi, I am following this thread quite late. I have a question for the same topic.

I have been on state insurance TKK for the last 4 years (paying 250 - 280 Euros a month) and now am thinking of switching over to private just to save on the money I pay. I am married too and my wife will finish her studies soon and start working from Oct. 2008.

In this case, is it advisable for me to switch over to private insurance ? She was insured for the last two years (we got married 2 yrs ago) also with TKK on the familienversicherung and I was paying the same amount (250-280)even after the marriage. So now if I goto Private insurance, whats the average monthly payment? And how does it differ if I have a wife who is working ? does it also make a difference if the wife is not working ? And how does the monthly payment change after we have a child ? how would that compare that if I was with the public insurance ?

I hope someone can throw light on this aspect.

thanks in advance
bala
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/08 2:36 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
@balajir80

Do you have a salary more than 48,000/Year. If not you cannot think of goin private. The salary ceiling is being increased by the government every year. So i dont know how much the present ceiling is. Stay in public, as that would be the best option since you are married.

An interesting link
http://www.sponsor4you.de/versicherung-grenze.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/08 2:56 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Private insurance premium is expensive for females because of the child delivery expenses which are borne by insurance company.

It is better to stay with the state insurance. Once you enter private insurance it is difficult to switch back.

Before you are accepted into private insurance you will have to declare all pre-existing illness. Private company will also contact your existing TKK for health history.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/08 3:15 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
New Law for changing from Private to Govt. kranken versicherungen:

-Since last year its not enough to earn below the limit (I guess 48k/annum) but one has to stay off that limit for 3 consecutive years to be considered for Govt. health insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/08 3:54 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
You go to private insurance not to save money, but to have better coverage. Yes, if you are young - and single and don't plan to stay in Germany - go for it, however if you have wife and plan kids - it gonna be expensive. Private insurance does not have "family insurance" - you have to pay for each family member separately. Quite often first year premium you pay will be low, but after that in can increase a lot. Also once you are in private - it's very difficult to go back to state insurance. And if you get sick - none of the other private insurances will accept you - so you may end-up with very expensive insurance with no way to go out of it. Also with private insurance premiums increase much more than for state insurances. Also if only you have private insurance and your wife - state - kids have to go on your insurance (in case you are earning more than your wife).
btw. statement that insurance is higher for woman because of the pregnancy is not valid anymore - insurance companies are not allowed to consider pregnancy as increased risk anymore.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/08 8:57 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
come on!
ask any private insurance company for an offer and compare for the same coverage of the same age - woman price can be 50% more expensive than man! it isn't only related with birth delivery, it is simply statistic number that woman tend to visit doctor more often than man :-)!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/08 11:15 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Yes, it's still higher, but for example my insurance company decreased (first time in 7 years) premium for my wife based on this decision, however they more than made-up on my premium. Luckily this didn't impact me much since I'm paying only for Anwartschaft - in case my state insurance kicks me out...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott