Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Publications?

Toggle
Publications?
Answer
10/5/05 6:43 PM
Dear friends at trust7,

I would like to write a publication about digital signal processing (Digital Design, OFDM, communications and signal processing). Does anyone of you know of a magazine or conference (etc...) where I can publish the work and where it is not so difficult to accept my paper. Normally IEEE magazine & conferences are highly ranked but it is so hard to get in. I would really appriciate any help in case you can inform me of some webpages/links to magazines/conferences of the above mentioned domain (or something related to it)...
Many thanks
Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Publications?
Answer
10/6/05 1:59 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hello again,

I hope someone can write something regarding my question. Will be grateful to benefit from your experience.
Thanks
Zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 2:24 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Normally you have many organizations you conducts conferences but IEEE might be one of the top. You can check all conferences in google.

But you if you have a good Abstract, you will have no problems in publishing in any of the conferences you wish. If you a eworking for a Research group ask your group leader if he is interested in your work and he can be the second person in your paper. In this way, you can be funded from your research group. The conference generally is very expensive and you need to be in person for presentation so you can easily estimate around 2000€ for publishing a paper.

If you really have a good and interesting paper you can opt for publishing in a journal as if you have 5 journal papers, it is nearly equal of having a phd.

good luck

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 2:42 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi Rajesh
Thanks for the info. The thing is that I have never published any paper yet, and I want to start publishing as I am doing my PhD too. The problem is that I do not target a high organization as IEEE as I am not sure they will accept my paper. That's why I was asking for a magazine/conference where there is not a very high level and there is a chance to accept my paper. With time I will get the experience and I will try with IEEE.
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 3:08 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi,

If you have some code to share (well, that isn't absolutly neccesary) showing your results, a good option is www.ddj.com.

Use DDJ's search engine to see some DSP related articles alredy published to see if they match to the idea of what you want to publish.

Good luck,

Alex

PS. You can create a free account there to read old articles which I have found very useful (and is valid also for www.cuj.com)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/05 3:11 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Thanks Alex for the info, I will try that.
Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18