Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Work Visa and Blue Card

Toggle
German Work Visa and Blue Card
Answer
7/23/15 12:01 PM
Hi All,

I recently secured my visa for employment in Germany. This visa has been issued for 3 months and I have been asked to visit the Aliens' authority in Germany for further steps.

Can someone with prior experience and knowledge guide me with further steps. As in

1) What are the kinds of documents that I need to carry with me when I go to the Aliens' office?
2) I would be living in company provided accommodation for the first month. Will I have to furnish a residence contract to the Aliens' office?
3) Can someone also share with me the details of a Blue Card application? I satisfy the criteria of education, salary, etc.
4) I also read from frankfurt.de that I must also visit the civil office and the labour office for securing my employment visa? is this correct?

I look forward to your responses and support.

Br,
Karthik
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Work Visa and Blue Card
Answer
7/23/15 3:38 PM as a reply to karthik sundaram.
Hello and congratualtions on your employment,

1) The Auslanderbehorde (foreigners office/immigration authority) will tell you when you come to Germany. You can still check the Auslanderbehorde's website sometimes they write it. Important documents are still the same when you made your first BC application from your home country.

2) They may very well want to see a proof of accomodation, it is better to have it with you, at least some sort of confirmation letter/email from the company.

3) As they have issued the first 3 months visa, you application in Auslanderbehorde for the actual Blue Card is easy. They will ask for more or less the same documents you used for your initial application from your home country, and then issue the BC in about 4 weeks.

4) If by civil office you mean the migration authority (Auslanderbehorde), then yes you must do it as soon as possible. As they have given you the initial 3 month visa, they have already asked for your employment permission and it has been granted (they should've posted this document to you actually). In some cases labour office (ZAV) permission is not necessary at all. If something else is meant by labour office, ask it to the foreigners office when you apply for the actual Blue Card.

Other than those, you should register yourself in Burgeramt, get a Lohnsteuerkarte and make payments to GEZ etc. But those you can do after you settle a bit, so don't worry now, just keep in mind.

Welcome to Germany,
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Work Visa and Blue Card
Answer
7/24/15 9:06 AM as a reply to Arnhem.
Thanks for taking time in addressing my queries.

Much Appreciated!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18