Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Need some clarification on German Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation

Toggle
Need some clarification on German Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation
naturalization german citizenship passport indian passport
Answer
7/21/15 1:58 PM
Hi all,

Currently, I'm indian citizen.
I stayed in germany for 7 yrs( 2 yrs Master degree + 5 yrs working Software Engineer). I have PR niederlassungserlaubnis für hochqualifizierte §19. I have finished my Integration course B1+Leben in Deutschland.

Today, I went to ausländerbehörde and enquired about German Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation.

She said its possible to process it. She gave a list of legal documents which includes my birth cerficate
I do not have bith certificate(Somehow lost it). I enquired with Indian consulate in Munich and they will issue a new Birth certificate as per details in my passport. 

My questions:
1. Is this birth certificate from Indian Consulate enough for processing Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation?
2. In the list of documents, its mentioned as Birth certificate with Legalisation. What is that legalisation mean? Do the 
birth certificate from Indian Consulate is already legalised or does it need any extra process? If it need extra process, please let me know how to get it?

Can someone please respond to my questions or please share your experience in this context.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Ram.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need some clarification on German Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation
Answer
7/21/15 2:25 PM as a reply to krishna murthy.
Hallo Ram,

Yes, you can get the birth certificate from the consulate and submit the reqd. documents to kick start the process. If they ask for any legalization, then you will have to start it like marriage verification process how it is done by german embassy in india. But mostly (it depends on beamter though), they do not check whether it is legalized. You have to take all originals and they will check the originals and you have to provide them a copy of all originals and hopefully that will be ok.

Goodluck
BR
Basbrem
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/22/15 11:23 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thanks for your reply.

Also, I ahve 1 more question.

I have a credit ~20.000 Euros. And my monthly earning is ~3500(Netto) with unlimited job contract. 
Will this credit have any negative influence on my Einbürgerung/ Naturalisation process?

Thanks,
Ram.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/15 1:03 PM as a reply to krishna murthy.
Not at all.

You are paying monthly installments, right?

Just kidding.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/15 12:17 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi,

This week i applied with all the documents. I got my birth certificate from Indian consulate in Munich and geve them.
But still person in ausländerbehörde is keen on Birth certificate from India(I mean, original from Sub registrar). Also She want it to get Legalised from German Consualte in India.

Has some one legalised Birth Certificate in German Consulate? can you please share your experiece?
Or Someone knows the procedure, please share.

thanks,
Ram.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/15 10:25 AM as a reply to krishna murthy.
Hallo Ram,

I had a birth certificate from India and i just showed it to the officer and it was ok but later the standesamt asked me to submit my date of birth certificate and it is under verification via them but i have paid the necessary money for the verification.

In your case, may be you can check with nearest german embassy in india and check the website for necessary information. I think there is a procedure to legalize your dob certificate. And there is also a procedure to create a dob with late registration something like that. It will take process but your relatives in india can apply on your behalf with reqd documents and once you have that original dob then you can approach nearest embassy for the verification and once it is verified then you can submit it here in germany.

In case if you are married, please also take care to legalize your marriage and your wife dob certificate as well bcoz it will also be an issue sometimes later in case of name change or anything else in standesamt.

i hope this info helps.
BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/15 1:46 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi Basbrem and all,

Info in German Mission in India website:
http://www.india.diplo.de/Vertretung/indien/en/06__Consu__Visa/Consular__Services__India/attestation.html
Consular officers certify Indian documents only upon request of a German authoritiy (i.e., Registry Office or Court) or when in connection with a passport or visa application. The most common Indian documents that need to be certified are birth, marriage or school certificates.

As Germany no longer legalises Indian documents, a formal verification process initiated by the Embassy or Consulate General needs to be carried out first, by verifying those documents at their source.

In the website, it says this legalisation process can only be initialised by German authority, not by private person.

Do someone have any experience in getting legalised birth certificate? 

Thanks,
Ram.

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/12/15 4:41 PM as a reply to krishna murthy.
ram1312:
Hi,

This week i applied with all the documents. I got my birth certificate from Indian consulate in Munich and geve them.
But still person in ausländerbehörde is keen on Birth certificate from India(I mean, original from Sub registrar). Also She want it to get Legalised from German Consualte in India.

Has some one legalised Birth Certificate in German Consulate? can you please share your experiece?
Or Someone knows the procedure, please share.

thanks,
Ram.
The document which the indian embassy in Munich provides is not a" Birth Certificate". It simply re-states the date of birth provided in the passport. This is generally not accepted in the Einbürgerungs office in Munich.

As suggested by many you can apply for a new birth certificate in India under "Late Registration" by providing all the necessary documnets which might take uptp 6 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott