Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Passport Reissue - Problem Regarding Permanent Address in India

Toggle
Dear All,

I am in bit strange situation. I am NRI staying abroad since last 5 years. My passport is set to expire in less than 1 year and I would like to re-issue it. But the problem is, my passport permanent address no more exist. Further; I don’t have any permanent address proof in India. Kindly advise how does it work ? What should be the way out?

Note:
  • I have been roaming in different countries so I don’t have permanent address in abroad as well
  • My brother who owns a flat in Mumbai, Can I make the use of that addresss somehow?
Regards
Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Passport Reissue - Problem Regarding Permanent Address in India
Answer
7/19/15 4:01 PM as a reply to Suresh AV.
you can use your present address in Bundesland as permanent or show brothers address if you can show a proof of bank account, voters if etc
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/15 9:59 AM as a reply to Suresh AV.
If you keep every other detail same that of old passport, you don't need to submit any proofs. Otherwise, you have to show the documents as mentioned by CEBIT.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/20/15 5:38 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi hprj,

Thanks for your response. If I would keep same details as mentioned in old passport; which is technically viloating passport Act - concealment of info. Besides that any communication goes to my permement address be rejected since I am no longer staying there (address in null and void) 

Although appreciate your advise. 

Suresh. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/15 3:40 PM as a reply to Suresh AV.
Permanent address outside India, technically should not create any problem. That does not mean you dont have right to your passport or loose your citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott