Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Daueraufenthalt EG and German citizenship

Toggle
Hi,

I have an NE and will complete 7 years in Germany next year, May.I have now applied for Daueraufenthalt EG because i may have an opportunity in Netherlands.If i were to move to Holland now would i still be able to apply for German citizenship next May. If yes, in which city should i apply?

If not , would it be ok if i maintain an address in Germany(i.e still hold my anmeldung) but live and work in Holland. When i apply for German citizenship should i be working in Germany?Did anyone face this situation? Would highly appreciate your responses.Thanks in advance.

Rgds.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Daueraufenthalt EG and German citizenship
Answer
5/30/07 1:33 PM as a reply to pavan kumar.
hi puppy1,
can you work in Netherlands with Daueraufenhalt EG?
in this link,
http://www.ind.nl/en/inbedrijf/actueel/NewdirectiveEU.asp,
they say this directive is not yet implemented....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/07 2:31 PM as a reply to pavan kumar.
Hi kalakkal,
The last para in that link states
"And because the Netherlands has not yet accepted the permanent residence status, migrants living in this country cannot yet take up residence in another EU Member State. At the same time, migrants from, for example Poland, who have obtained the new permanent EC residence status in that country, are permitted to take up residence in the Netherlands for more than three months. They are, under certain conditions, entitled to apply for a temporary residence permit in the Netherlands."

Doesn't it mean that a D-EG holder can work in Netherlands?
rgds.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/07 2:15 PM as a reply to pavan kumar.
yes. puppy1, u r correct. With D-EG NE, one can work Netherlands after getting a temporary permit satisfying certain conditions(??)..

please let us know your experience in this regard.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott