Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Processing time for ZAV pre-approval

Toggle
Processing time for ZAV pre-approval
Answer
7/14/15 5:30 AM
Hi all, 

I would like to thank you for the works you have been doing. This is such an amazing forum with interesting and helpful information.

Recently I've been selected by a company in Stuttgart to join an fellowship program there for a year. At the moment I'm preparing documents for the visa application, category: long-term national visa for professional training. At the same time, the company, which has had experiences with the process since this is the 3rd time they doing the program, has also applied for the ZAV document. 

However, yesterday I've received an email from the company saying that at the moment, they have not yet received a response from ZAV (it has been 3 weeks since they applied). The reason they mentioned is that because this might due to some labor rights changes and the company had to apply for the document differetly in comparison with what they did the last two years. In short, they have no clue when the document will be ready.

As I have already booked an appointment with the German Consulate in Hanoi on 03rd of August, I am worrying that the ZAV document will still not be ready by then. 

So, with the situation mentioned above, below are my questions:
  1. Processing time for ZAV pre-approval
    Based on your experiences, would you kindly let me know how long would it take to have this document? And more importantly, what are the chances for me to get it before my appointment with the embassy?

2. How to explain to the embassy without the ZAV pre-approval (to be added later)?
    As it is extremely hard to book an appointment at the embassy (which I find really ridiculous and frustrating), would it be possible for me to show up at the appointment, without the ZAV document and convince them to hold my application until I have the document and add the ZAV document later?
    I'm not sure how I could convince them to do so but honestly speaking, this is the only way for me to have a hope to get a visa with the ZAV document arriving late as I won't be able to book another appointment.
Thank you so much for your time, it would be much appriciate if someone could give me an advice on what to do at the moment since I'm out of ideas.

Sincerely,

Vu 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Processing time for ZAV pre-approval
Answer
7/15/15 3:07 PM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
levyshishi:
Hi all, 

I would like to thank you for the works you have been doing. This is such an amazing forum with interesting and helpful information.

Recently I've been selected by a company in Stuttgart to join an fellowship program there for a year. At the moment I'm preparing documents for the visa application, category: long-term national visa for professional training. At the same time, the company, which has had experiences with the process since this is the 3rd time they doing the program, has also applied for the ZAV document. 

However, yesterday I've received an email from the company saying that at the moment, they have not yet received a response from ZAV (it has been 3 weeks since they applied). The reason they mentioned is that because this might due to some labor rights changes and the company had to apply for the document differetly in comparison with what they did the last two years. In short, they have no clue when the document will be ready.

As I have already booked an appointment with the German Consulate in Hanoi on 03rd of August, I am worrying that the ZAV document will still not be ready by then. 

So, with the situation mentioned above, below are my questions:
  1. Processing time for ZAV pre-approval
    Based on your experiences, would you kindly let me know how long would it take to have this document? And more importantly, what are the chances for me to get it before my appointment with the embassy?
  2. How to explain to the embassy without the ZAV pre-approval (to be added later)?
    As it is extremely hard to book an appointment at the embassy (which I find really ridiculous and frustrating), would it be possible for me to show up at the appointment, without the ZAV document and convince them to hold my application until I have the document and add the ZAV document later?
    I'm not sure how I could convince them to do so but honestly speaking, this is the only way for me to have a hope to get a visa with the ZAV document arriving late as I won't be able to book another appointment.
Thank you so much for your time, it would be much appriciate if someone could give me an advice on what to do at the moment since I'm out of ideas.

Sincerely,

Vu 

Hi,

It usually takes up to 4 weeks for a decision to be made by the ZAV. So going by that it should arrive by the end of this month conisdering it has already been three weeks. Also, ask your employer to send you the original or a scanned copy because the embassy in India will ask for it.

In the circumstance that it doesn't arrive by then (03aug) , I would advise you to change the appointment date to a later time as the embassy will usually ask you to come back only when you have the ZAV approval. 

Best of luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/18/15 2:42 PM as a reply to Fiend.
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I wrote an inquiry to the ZAV and it turns out that there is a document missing. My employer will only contact with the ZAV next week and then they will see what is missing. It looks like I won't get it in time for the appointment at the embassy. 

The best solution is to book for another appointment but as the last time I tried to book my appointment on 03-Agust, for some reasons, the appointment booking website of the embassy is always full. 

I also wrote an email to the embassy and they agreed to let me submit the visa application without the ZAV document and won't force me to book another apointment. They will hold the application there and only send to Germany after I have submitted the ZAV prior approval. 

At least there is a bit of positivity going on. The whole process had been a nightmare for me so far.

BRs,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/15 10:20 AM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
levyshishi:
The reason they mentioned is that because this might due to some labor rights changes and the company had to apply for the document differetly in comparison with what they did the last two years.
The only major change that I can think of is the introduction of the minimum wage.

Are you trying to obtain a permit for a position that pays less than 8.50€/hr? Are you still a student? Is this placement required for your degree?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/1/15 1:30 PM as a reply to Arianne.
arianne:
levyshishi:
The reason they mentioned is that because this might due to some labor rights changes and the company had to apply for the document differetly in comparison with what they did the last two years.
The only major change that I can think of is the introduction of the minimum wage.

Are you trying to obtain a permit for a position that pays less than 8.50€/hr? Are you still a student? Is this placement required for your degree?

I recently graduated from the university and the company doesn't pay much since they will also take care of the accommodation for me, the gross salary is a bit more than 8.50€/hr.

At the moment I have received the permit from ZAV and according to the dates on the permit, they received the application on Jun 25th and I only got the result on July 27th. It surely took quite a while. Kinda unlucky for me because I already pushed my visa appointment back to August 18th right before receiving the result.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/15 8:24 AM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
Hi,

In my case the company has sent the document to ZAV on July 15th, but still I have not received the document from ZAV. Can you please help me on how to check the status with ZAV office and any idea how long now its taking to get the ZAV pre-approval letter. My appointment at Embassy on Aug 26th.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/15 9:17 AM as a reply to bigdata s.
arunbigdata:
Hi,

In my case the company has sent the document to ZAV on July 15th, but still I have not received the document from ZAV. Can you please help me on how to check the status with ZAV office and any idea how long now its taking to get the ZAV pre-approval letter. My appointment at Embassy on Aug 26th.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Hi, 

After waiting for quite a while, I wrote an email directly to ZAV (zav@arbeitsagentur.de) to explain my situation. Few days later I got a response from them regarding my applciation (which was missing some documents) and they also provided a phone number and another email address where your employer can call or write inquiries to the department which is incharge of processing your specific case.

In my case, my application was submitted on June 25th by my employer and on July 10th they found out there are some missing documents but my employer had no idea since the ZAV hasn't contacted them. On July 18th, I forwarded the answer I got from ZAV to my employer, not sure when they submitted missing documents afterwards but in the end I got the prior approval from ZAV on July 27th.

I'm not really sure about how long it will take for your case since my employer submitted in total 6 applications to ZAV (including mine) at the same time but so far I'm the only one who has received the document.

Hope this will help and wish you best of luck.

Sincerely,

Vu

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/15 6:47 PM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It really helps me a lot.

I need few more details. Please help me. I don't have information about my ZAV document like any document id etc.,. So what are the details I should provide in the email to know about my document status.

A sample of subject and body of email would be appreciated and Can we write the email in english ?

All the best for your visa.

Stay in touch.

Regards,
AB
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/23/15 5:25 PM as a reply to bigdata s.
arunbigdata:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It really helps me a lot.

I need few more details. Please help me. I don't have information about my ZAV document like any document id etc.,. So what are the details I should provide in the email to know about my document status.

A sample of subject and body of email would be appreciated and Can we write the email in english ?

All the best for your visa.

Stay in touch.

Regards,
AB
Sorry for my late response. In my email to the ZAV, I only provided few information like: my name, the company, and also the city where I will live and work. It is ok to write in English since I myself don't speak German. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/24/15 8:20 AM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Did your friends got the ZAV letter, it been 8 weeks completed for your friend from the time of ZAV applied?.

How did the embassy interview went. You got your Visa? How long it took to get your Visa, if you have your ZAV lettter.

For me, 6th week started but still now no response. If I write email to ZAV directly, is there any chance it will create an issue for my ZAV approval. I have an appointment at embassy on August 26th. waiting for the the response.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
AB.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/24/15 9:12 AM as a reply to bigdata s.
arunbigdata:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Did your friends got the ZAV letter, it been 8 weeks completed for your friend from the time of ZAV applied?.

How did the embassy interview went. You got your Visa? How long it took to get your Visa, if you have your ZAV lettter.

For me, 6th week started but still now no response. If I write email to ZAV directly, is there any chance it will create an issue for my ZAV approval. I have an appointment at embassy on August 26th. waiting for the the response.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
AB.
Hi,

My friends got their approvals from ZAV last week and now are carrying on with their visa application. 

Personally I think you should give it a shot by writing to the ZAV, asking about your case while explaining the situation of you having an appointment with the Embassy in only just few days. I don't think it would create any issue with their approval. 

I had my appointment last week and now am waiting for the result from the Embassy. It will probably take 1-2 or more weeks for the result. Until then, there is no way to ask them about whether I will have a visa or not. 

Good luck with your documents and the appointment this week.

BRs,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/24/15 10:49 AM as a reply to Vu K. Hoang.
Hi,

Thanks, good to know that your friends got the ZAV Letter, it seems they got the letter on 7th week, am I correct?.

You will get your Visa soon, all the best. Which place you are going in Germany.

For Embassy interview, what all the things required.

1) In the PDF information sheet, it is mentioned Do not use glue to stick the photo. How to paste the photo, do we need to use any other thing specific?
2) Do we need to take the insurance, before attending the interview. If so how much? but my employer providing the insurance for me from the date of joining.
3) Do we need to provide the place of stay, I don't have those details yet. After landing only I will be
knowing it.
4) for DD there is amount mentioned in INR after converting 60 EURO, but the currency rates are varies day by day. How we can take a DD for specific amount, any guidenlines or input will helpful.

Any other interview tips or questions will be helpful.

Thanks a lot for all your information, it really helps a lot.

if possible can you share your emai id:? it will be helpful.

Stay in touch.

Regards,
AB.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7