Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

NE or HSMP

Toggle
NE or HSMP
Answer
8/6/05 2:01 PM
Hi folks,
I just want your view/ideas about NE vs. HSMP. I already applied for NE in June 2005 but still no response and don’t know how long it will take more to get it.
On the other hand, I have got my HSMP visa from 30 April and now I am running short of time as you know one must enter in UK within 6 months.
Here in Germany I am working for IBM from last 3 years and still job is very secure.
Now I have a good job offers from UK but from a small company. I have to decide so want your views. Please put light on pros and corns of both NE and HSMP. May this help people for right decision?. Please be realistic…emoticon
Thanks

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE or HSMP
Answer
8/7/05 12:06 AM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
enter UK, register there and after that go back. that way you will have 1 more year for a decision
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/05 9:58 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Two things to take into account.

HSMP will require you to give up your residence in Germany, which can (but not necessarily) disqualify you from obtaining the NE. The second thing is that after one year, they will check that you have been economically active in the UK in order to decide the conditions for the reaming time.

The advantage of the HSMP is that you are not tied up to any employer, can work as an independent contractor, you can be unemployed without the additional stress of fearing being kicked out of the country, etc. After 4 years you may apply for unlimited residency.

If you do get the NE, you will get a better legal status than the HSMP, however, you can do everything you could with the HSMP, but in germany, and it's not time restricted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/05 1:41 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.

After 4 years you may apply for unlimited residency.

is it not 5 years now that u get permanent residence in UK ?

Apart from that with HSMP you are not allowed to get unemployment benefit if you happen to be unemployed.

As you are since 5 years here, if you still cannot speak German or u dont plan to learn it well in near future, UK will be better choice for you.

But even if you get NE, and at the same time posses HSMP, that can make your legal status in Germany ambiguous. As that happened to one of my friend, who worked here about 4 years went last year to UK on HSMP. As he wanted to comeback to Germany from UK, he was not allowed to enter in FFM Airport, and returned back from their to UK because the officers on Airport said because he had HSMP and therefore GC was no more valid.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/05 2:26 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
4 years to get indefinate visa (ILR), after which you are eligible to use public funds, then it takes one more year to get the British passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/05 2:28 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
"If you do get the NE, you will get a better legal status than the HSMP, however, you can do everything you could with the HSMP, but in germany, and it's not time restricted."
Could your please mention in what sense better legal status then HSMP?
I heard NE is also not tied up to any employer; you can also work as independent.

“is it not 5 years now that u get permanent residence in UK ?”
No, it is still after 4 years.

“Apart from that with HSMP you are not allowed to get unemployment benefit if you happen to be unemployed.”
But what if you have NE and you dont have job for more then 6 months, will they continue to pay unemployment benefits?

“your legal status in Germany ambiguous.”
I think as for as you have job in Germany then youe Green card (NE) is valid but if you dont have job then may be this can happen. May be your friend had no job at that time.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/8/05 2:50 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.

But what if you have NE and you dont have job for more then 6 months, will they continue to pay unemployment benefits?

According to definition of NE: this is unlimited residence permit WITHOUT any restrictions. So, you get all the benefits in case you lose job that a normal German citizen gets, i.e. first one year arbeitslosengeld, and afterwards ALG2 etc.

6 months limit is : if u happen to be outside DE for more then 6 months then u could lose it.

As for as working conditions are concerned: with NE u can do anything u want, own business, freelance work, and so on, as said no estrictions.For this matter NE is even a little more advanced status. If one has worked 3 years in DE, one is eligible for a unrestricted work permission, with it one is allowed to do anything one wants.

UK: i think soon there is going to be a new law in UK according to that people would be eligible for perm. residence after only 5 years. As Blair also said that "rules of game have changed now" -emoticon

Yes that guy had no job in DE. But he was visiting DE every 2 months or so, and was eligible for unemployment benefits etc. So,
You can expect any behavior from German Airport officers and Ausländerbehorde in that scenario -emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Urgent- To keep both NE & HSMP
Answer
6/24/08 9:59 PM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
Dear Friends,

I am yet to get my NE (close to it).
I also have HSMP and entered UK,starting to receive salary in GBP from 01-Jul-08.

Now the key question is how to keep both NE and HSMP going?

Would appreciate all of your suggestions, Freinds, I am desperately looking for it.

Thanks a Ton in Advance.

RajeshK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/25/08 2:47 AM as a reply to Tauqir-Ahmad Malik.
i don't think u really understand the "behörde" system here otherwise you wouldn't have made the mistake to go out of Germany without having NE. "close to it" is a very ambiguous term. You can't say definitely how long could it take more. consider that when u will go to Ausländerbehörde to get NE stamp, they may ask you to show last payslips, and as u wrote june will be the last month of your working in Germany. Well that can make the behörde a bit confused.
Yes, if you have NE once you can retain it until you visit Germany once in 6 months, and keep your registration here.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott