Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Elterngeld EU Blue Card and Residence of 1 year

Toggle
Elterngeld EU Blue Card and Residence of 1 year
elterngeld eu blue card residency
Answer
7/6/15 2:32 PM
Hallo,

Appreciate your assistance in the below.
I have moved to Germany 9 months ago as a highly qualified professional with EU Blue Card. I have been granted 4 years residence permit. As EU professional, my salary is above 50,000 EURO.

I am currently pregnant (4th month) and my due date is Decemebr. I have been checking several options after my maternity leave and it seems that there are no kindergarten for babies (about 2 months) so this leaves me with the option that I need to take care of my baby as a nany will cost more than half of my salary emoticon

I am eleigible for Elterngeld based on the below facts:
- EU Blue Card holder
- I am currently less than 1 year resident in Germany and by the time my baby comes I will be one year and 3 months
- My husband found a job and will start on September so he can't take care of the baby

If no, do you have anyother ideas. If yes, am I able to know in advance if the authority will accept and accordingly plan my leave and inform my employer or I have to wait till the baby is born. Also if I applied and rejected, do I have the right to return back to my job and tell them that I will not need that 10 month extended maternity leave?

Thanks,
Zee
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Elterngeld EU Blue Card and Residence of 1 year
Answer
7/6/15 3:05 PM as a reply to Zeina Taha.
Tentative plan may be submitted to your company well in advance. Actual dates (Mother Nature game) should be updated after birth. If both are working and have RP with employment allowed status, then you both are eligible for 14 months of eltern geld (60% of salary). 

Since there would not be rejection in your case, I am not answering last part of your question. Without tensions enjoy the pregnancy and have a safe delivery. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Elterngeld EU Blue Card and Residence of 1 year
Answer
7/6/15 3:07 PM as a reply to hprj.
Thank you so much for your quick reply and kindness emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124