Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Working in India with German Citizenship

Toggle
Hi to all,

I am (Indian) planning to apply for German Citizenship. In future if i want to go back to India, am i allowed to work (or some Business) there with OCI card? or do i need to apply for work permit in Indian Embassy (in Germany)?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Working in India with German Citizenship
Answer
2/15/11 1:44 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
Worpermit not necessary for work or business. There maybe restriction to work for government offices, but i dont think you are interested in that or?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/11 2:44 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
@justdoit

As you can see from the descriptive PDF here: http://mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553, which I found under MHA pages for OCI here: http://mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553. An OCI holder is entitled to everything an NRI is entitled to. This actually means, you have parity in financial, educational and economic aspects. In simple English, this means that an OCI holder can invest, study and also do business by starting his/her own company and employ people, including himself in gainful employment (as an employee in another company), in India without any additional permit/visa.

Of course, an OCI holder cannot buy agricultural land or plantation etc and cannot visit restricted areas in the North East or some Islands.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/11 10:15 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
Thank you Raj and Rohit for your valuable information. Now iam clear about Indian Citizenship laws.

My understanding:
In any case (weather in keeping or giving it back)
we dont loose anything if someone keep foreign citizenship for min 5 years (accord. to Indian laws).

Thank you onceagain
justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3