Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Daueraufenthalt-EU, Blue Card and Rentenversicherung

Toggle
Hi all,

I want to apply for a permanent residence/work permit in Germany and have found out that there are two types, namely: Niederlassungserlaubnis and (the more beneficial) Daueraufenthalt-EU. I tried to look for answers to the following questions that I have but could not find any. A few answers which I found refer to old laws which do not help me much. Would be great if any of you who has gone through this process recently or knows about it could help me.

So first about my situation: I live in Germany since 2010, pursued my studies until 2013 and have been working since then in Munich. During my studies I worked as a Werkstudent (software development) and also paid "Rentenversicherung". So I have paid the Rentenversicherung for 5 years (student job + permanent job) already. Also, I obtain a Blue Card EU since 2013 (over 24 months) and have passed the B2 German Test. Now my questions:
  • Since I have paid my "Rentenversicherung" for 5 years, satisfy the language and all other requirements, can I apply for a Daueraufenthalt-EU, despite the fact that I was student until 2013?
  • Do Blue Card holders have any concession while applying for a Daueraufenthalt-EU like while applying for a NE? (NE can be obtained after 21 months of obtaining a Blue Card with a B1 German certificate.)
  • Or do I only qualify for a NE?
Thank you in advance.
BR
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Daueraufenthalt-EU, Blue Card and Rentenversicherung
Answer
6/29/15 4:53 PM as a reply to Suhas Satya.
As far as I know Daueraufenthalt-EU is regulated by section 9a in the law. I read the law and there seems to be nothing against your case. 5 years Rentenversicherung is a must (Blue Card doesn't change this requirement to 2 years), and also a permanent work offer is a must too. They may also ask for a "Erwerbstatigkeit Gestattet" statement in your Aufenthaltserlaubnis, I'm not sure about that. From my point of view you qualify for both NE and D-EU, you can call this number and ask them as well: 911 943-7965, they are the BAMF correspondence especially for settlement permits. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Daueraufenthalt-EU, Blue Card and Rentenversicherung
Answer
6/29/15 5:25 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
That answers most of my questions! Thank you very much.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott