Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Naturalization

Toggle
Naturalization
Answer
2/16/09 12:16 PM
Hello Friends,

Section 9 of the Nationality Act
"Spouses or registered same-sex partners of German citizens are eligible for naturalization after three years of legal residence in Germany. They must have been married or in a registered partnership for at least two years at the time of application. The general requirements for naturalization also apply".
How about if in the third year, I will study in other Euro country (Norway)for 12 months but come home in Germany lets say every month .. Can I still be qualified for naturalization?
W
+1 (1 Vote)

Re: Naturalization
Answer
2/16/09 3:47 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
Should be fine. If you are leaving the country for an extended period of time, I would declare it with the Auslaenderbehoerde.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Naturalization
Answer
12/17/13 1:47 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
Dear Wildflower and Readers,

I am in the similar siutation currently. By next year it will be 2 years of my marriage to a German and would like to apply for citizenship. However, I work in other EU country and still hold my flat in Germany as my husband still lives there.

Could you please share if naturalisation process in this regard will be complicated?

Many thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Naturalization
Answer
12/19/13 2:00 PM as a reply to Sweety S S.
Sorry, can anyone please give suggestion/personal experiences. Many thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott