Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Job Change Procedures

Toggle
Job Change Procedures
Answer
11/20/07 7:21 PM
Dear Herren/Frau,

I have the following queries regarding a job change here in Germany,

I am currently working for an employer and I hold an Aufenthaltserlaubnis which is specific for that employer and is valid till November 2008. My wife in turn holds a residence permit based on her being my spouse and her permit is valid till Apr 2008.

Here are my queries:

For Me:

1. If in case another employer in Mainz has offered me a job and has also sent a job contract to me, how can I get my current residence permit transferred to the new employer?

2. What are the procedures to be followed if I need to change to this new employer and also change my residence to Mainz, with respect to my work and residence permit.

3. What are procedures I need to follow in order to close down all my issues with the Auslanderbehoerde in my current location?

For My Wife:

1. Does she also have to apply for a new residence permit along with me?

2. Or can she directly go for an extension say 4 to 6 week prior to April on her existing residence permit?

I do understand that my query list is a long one, but kindl respond at your earliest possible convenience.

Thank you in advance

Andy
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Job Change Procedures
Answer
11/22/07 3:45 PM as a reply to Andy Ram.
Hi Andy,

At first I would like to congratulate you for getting a better oppotunity - a better job! This is the most important thing!

Now your queries:

i. if you have another contract from another company, you can go to your present Auslanderbehörde (Aemoticon with your contract to change your visa conditions. The AB will do all the internal formalities (e.g. permission from Arbeitsamt) and then give you the right Aufenthaltserlaubnis.

ii. After getting the permission form the AB, you join at your new commany in Mainz. You move there and make Anmeldung with Meldungsamt. Then officially you will be resident of the new city.

iii. When you make Anmeldung at new city, the formalities with the current Auslanderbehörde will be closed automatically. You do not need to do anything else.

For your wife:

You can also submit the passport of your wife to your preset Auslanderbehörde. The AB will decide if she will be issued a new Aufenthalts or she will still have the same.

When you move to the new city, your wife also have to make Anmeldung.

br
mk
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3