Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

visa status of spouse with niederlassungerlaubnis

Toggle
visa status of spouse with niederlassungerlaubnis
niederlassungserlaubnis
Answer
6/24/15 1:11 AM
Hello Trust7 community,

I finished my doctorate from Germany last month with a student visa, which I have until October 2015. My husband has Niederlassungerlaubnis. I would like to know if I get a dependent visa on him then do I also get the same staus? or it is better to apply for job search visa?
Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: visa status of spouse with niederlassungerlaubnis
Answer
6/24/15 9:57 AM as a reply to Meenakshi Rana.
Hallo,

If you had a doctorate contract in which you have paid taxes to the german govt then you may check with foreigners office the eligibility criteria directly to apply for permanent residency (atleast 2 years taxes payment and your doctorate degree).

Usually on dependent status, if you have to get the same status, they might check:

1. how long you have stayed with him after marriage (minimum 5 years i guess)
2. attended integration course and passed B1 exam and orientation exam

But if you have some german learning durnig doctorate and had paid taxes then it is much easier to do that way i guess.

It is just my input which might be wrong, but check with others or wait for few more replies.

good luck
BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

RE: visa status of spouse with niederlassungerlaubnis
Answer
6/24/15 5:57 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thank u for the reply. But I guess I would need an unlimited work contract before I can apply for the NE. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott