Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

SAP - what and how

Toggle
SAP - what and how
Answer
10/22/05 10:30 PM
Hi, I am looking around for a new experience. Does anyone working as SAP consultant. If you do, I appreciate if you can let me know some details...what..how...which course and so on.

my email : hoesengkiang@yahool.com

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: SAP - what and how
Answer
10/24/05 2:14 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Hi, What would you like to know?, I am in this area for many years and currently living in singapore after spending more than 2 yrs in Deutschland.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/05 8:57 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
@Asian
Since you have worked in Deutschland in SAP.I would like to ask for your advice .
Suppose if someone does some SAP course in Deutschland in ABAP. How easy is it to get a job here .Will a back ground in Visual Basic,C++,Java etc be of any help.
if you have any suggestions then do pour in.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 7:16 AM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Well, Your background would definitely help you. Also only abap programming skills would not take you to the top. It is always better to know the functional area with ABAP programming. Learning ABAP programming is not that difficult with your background. Not the ABAP programmers are big earners, the functional consultants get more. In my experience and in my team, i would say the ABAP programmers get paid slightly more than normal programmers. In fact i am not able to get people for some SAP modules in asia. So i am importing people now from germany with the german rates!! So i would say learning niche functional modules would help in a long term.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 1:14 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
And where can one get documentation on SAP? I only see over the net trainings and stuff like that and no clear documentation, look books or sth.
Wanted to get to it a couple of years ago, but the lack of books and the only way of learning by trainings (which are not that cheap) discouraged me to.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 1:23 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
@Asian
That was a good piece of input.But do you think with a training in the functional area in Deutschland with no expereince in SAp (after the training in DE) will there be a an oppurtunity to get a job.All the jobs here demand some experience in SAP field . How to go about that problem.

@Nobody ,
I guess only way to get to 'SAP is by their Expensive training.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 1:25 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
SAP documentation is not widely available in the internet, and it is not quite easy to find books in the library. In my opinion it is not easy to learn only with books. You can get some minimum info in the web.

Regards,
Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 1:28 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Stier,

Well, i would say, you can choose a functional module related to an industry in which you have some exposure or experience. After that you can start working as a junior consultant, after gaining some experience you can become a senior consultant.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 2:12 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Asian,
How about age range? I am in my late 20 and will this be too late?

Do you know a website where it gives you a brief info about SAP?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 2:30 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
well, in http://www.informit.com/ you may search for articles and free chapter of books (including SAP).

Uhmm, Asian, having interest in the automobile sector, which kind of "functional module" may you recommend to me?

Thanks,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 5:30 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Looking at your profile. It is advisable to move towards new dimensions of SAP in Technical Area.
I also agree with the comment from Asian that ABAP consultants are paid less then Functional Consultants.

R/3 system of SAP has integrated completly in J2EE Environment.

It is advisible to move towards the technologies related to Colloborative business and Enterprise Portals. Consultants with these skills are paid heavily in the SAP Market.

Regards
Ajay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/05 7:11 PM as a reply to Seng Kiang Hoe.
Ah I still have not much idea what Asian and Ajay are talking about.

The learning of SAP is expensive and I would like to get the right package. It will all be private learning because currently I am not attached to a company which doing SAP.

Which course is the best one?I would like to start a fresh/junior consultant in SAP and I have knowlege in Semicondutor Industry (some MES knowlege). My experiences are more at interface between MES and equipments

I am interested in production planning functional module.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott