Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Marriage verfication--Complaint

Toggle
Marriage verfication--Complaint
Answer
3/13/09 6:24 PM
Hi to all,

on Feb 20th my wife applied for family reunion visa in Chennai Embassy. Immediately on 23rd i received a letter (Nürnberg) from AB that your wife applied for visa, be ready with these documents (check list provided). Then i went on 25th with all required documents, they took all my documents and said we will inform u once we receive your wife documents.

on 12th March i received a mail from chennai Embassy that AB wants to verify documents (Marriage certi..) today i went (13th) to AB and explained that i married on 15th Dec, after that she leant Deutsch and received certificate too, finally she applied on 20th Feb. After 1 month of application you are requsting for marriage verification. why u took this 1 month just to put marriage verification...then he said we are waiting from Chennai embassy for the right documents.. then i asked him is it compulsory (marriage verification) ..then he said its Rule (Gesetz)..
last time i submitted marriage certificate with Notary (in india) and German translated copy too..even i showed them some photos too..so how they satisfy??

NOW I THINK WHAT I CAN DO IS JUST WAIT!!!!
so its 3 months over just like that..

reasons for this post:
1. i think we all should change the process atleast for future guys..how??
2. we can write an application to Indian embassy here and Chennai Embassy in India with the problems we are facing.
3. suppose Mumbai Embassy is not putting any qury on marriage (í know some ..why chennai always 90%..)
4. or is there any compromise between chennai embassy and the marriage verification organisation (for each case they r getting €200).
5. or by the application time itself its better to pay €200 for marriage verification(if they really want money..we dont care right)..some how we will save this time gap.

i think its possible if any of u respond those who r having good experince in dealing such matters..

Thank you
srinivas
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage verfication--Complaint
Answer
3/13/09 6:44 PM as a reply to ka sr.
>>NOW I THINK WHAT I CAN DO IS JUST WAIT!!!!
so its 3 months over just like that..

Sorry, but your wife applied on Feb 20th and it is not even one month and you are already complaining it is 3 months??

>>1. i think we all should change the process atleast for future guys..how??

You should be from another planet if u think we can change this process doing an initiative. Forget it, even german citizens have the same problem and they can do nothing in this regard.

>>2. we can write an application to Indian embassy here and Chennai Embassy in India with the problems we are facing.

Go ahead.. you will be in for a surprise

3. suppose Mumbai Embassy is not putting any qury on marriage (í know some ..why chennai always 90%..)
Is a possiblity that they dont trust the south indians to always provide authentic documents

4. or is there any compromise between chennai embassy and the marriage verification organisation (for each case they r getting €200).

Also possible, we paid like 28,000 Rs. Reason we are from different state and checks has to be done in both states

>>5. or by the application time itself its better to pay €200 for marriage verification(if they really want money..we dont care right)..some how we will save this time gap.

As i proved to you, the amount is not fixed price and depends on the situation.

Have patience. Things dont happen on your whim. Calculate 3 months max, if you get earlier then you are lucky.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 7:03 PM as a reply to ka sr.
sinu78

First let's start this process in India. In India we dont have central registry for all citizens where civil details are stored and can be verified at a point. That is the reason for marriage verification.

What documents they need is their decision.

200 E are the costs for hiring private detectives.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 7:30 PM as a reply to ka sr.
@ sinu78:

Your wife applied visa on Feb 20th, so it is not even one month.

Be patience and you will get hopefully in couple of weeks. Here are ppl who wait even 6 months or more.

Tip: Do not be rude, when you visit ABH. They can even delay your visa process as much as they want.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 7:58 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Here is how it works step by step and how to make it faster.
1. When your wife visits the VFS office you have 2 set of applications. VFS gets one and gives you back the other one in the sealed envelope. Try to get the appointment at the earliest possible date. Possible to get it the next day.(personal interview is must)
2. Next day ask yourwife to go to the embassy with the other application set and submit it.
3. Immediately here in Germany go to your local ABH and tell them that your wife has applied for Visa with all reference. Also take along with you the wohnraumbescheinigung, 3 months’ pay slip, etc...
Ask them if they need a marriage certificate legalisation to be done?
Risk:Even if they are not aware of it, once you ask they will say yes
Advantage:In most cases they need a legalised certificate(can be done only by the embassy where your wife applies). So ask ABH to write to the embassy referring your wife’s details that they need the marriage certificate legalised.
Here you save 3-4 weeks time because the embassy sends the application set by post.It first comes to Berlin and then distributed to the local ABH. The ABH then open your application and will write the embassy that they need legalisation. Then embassy writes to your wife about this.
So when you talk to the ABH once the application is submitted then you will save this 4 weeks.
5.ABH writes(always email) to embassy and the next day embassy will ask your wife to submit the Original MC, photos,....and the fee for verification.
Fee: Rs.8000 per document or 150€ per document if you decide to pay in the ABH
6.Do that immediately. It takes 3-4 for the verification, once it is done your wife will get back all the photos and your Marriage Certificate back. This is the indication that verification process is complete 1 week before.
7.Once your wife received it wait for 2 weeks and you contact the ABH here, because they would have already sent the report here(again by POST).
8.Now the ABH will give the approval by email and the next day you can call the embassy in India and confirm it. In a couple of days your wife will get a letter regarding visa stamping.
I got it in around 5 -6 weeks including the verification. But I have to really thank the ABH for their effort to push it fast.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 9:25 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi,

thanks for the responses..

@raj and UMTS11

you are right its not 3 months, but if u consider from my marriage date i.e 15 dec..( u can say its stupid..if it is an another country dependent visa immediately we can get na). In hyd Goethe they issued certificate after 1 month (here again some silly reasons they said like server down...). Iam not urging with any of you, and now i know when my wife will get the visa..
iam just thinking to change the process.. as raj said its very difficult they dont listen us, but just got an idea.. if u all experinced people say just forget it..then i do it..

atleast min (not full) solution like all applicats from chennai must pay for the MC verification while applying itself..will save 3-4 weeks (as metro said)..this is possible if chennai Embassy say yes??

anyway nice weekend..forget all if its not worth.

Thank you
Srinivas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/09 2:45 AM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi,

I had a good experience at chennai embassy last year. It took just 4 weeks from the day of application. No verification or attestation was needed.

But I know of such cases also.

This makes everyone sick. It's simply luck or pure internal policies of German consulate in chennai.

My suggestion would be to cooperate rather than confront the beamter/in at ABH. That would make your application process faster.

The average period to process family reunion visa is between 1 and 3 months. Please be patient. All the best

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/09 1:54 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi Srinivas,

Just be patience and be polite with ABH. Family reunion take around 5 to 6 months.

Regards,

Lustig
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/1/09 6:58 AM as a reply to ka sr.
Hi all,

I would like to share my experience that Im facing at the moment with family union visa application. Well, Im Vietnamese and living in Vietnam. My husband is a Vietnamese holding Germany passport - He's Deutsch now.
I have applied my visa on 27th Oct. 2008 with all neccessary documents and the embassy accepted my application.
1 month later the foreign office sent to my husband a letter request for an interview. My husband went to the interview. The officer said that our document need to be verified and he said it would take 2 to 3 months to complete.
I had a call from embassy to come and pay for the document verification fee and it cost U$503 on 12 Dec. 2008 and the officer said to me that the verification woulld take 3 to 4 months.
Today, it's over 3 and half months from the day i paid the verification fee and still not hear anything from the embassy. I come to ask the embassy and they said to me that they will inform me when they complete the process.
My husband going to see the foreign office soon.
I think verification would take around 4-5 months now.
Hope this help you and Good luck.
Best Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/09 12:41 AM as a reply to ka sr.
Hello Metro,

Thank you for detailing out the process for us. Could you please tell us if your wife submitted the German Language certificate. I came to know that the authorities need either German Language certificate or University Degree Certificate. I just want to confirm this point.

Kind regards.
Alan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/11 2:30 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Dear mates,
I have submitted dependant visa docs @ Chennai consulate for my spouse to Germany. Our employer is doing this process. But as per the info from , it takes 3 months to get the visa. i.e

1- Passport verification = 10 working days in chennai
2- Visa approval - 6-8 weeks in Germany
3- Visa stamping - 10 working days in chennai.

My queries:-

1- really does it takes so much time?
2- is there any possibility to speed up the process?
3- SOmeone suggested to contact local ABH to speedup the process.what is ABH stands for, whom should I contact in local ABH?how to find the ABH in our locality?
4- Spouse name is included in both the passports, still marriage certificate is a required document?

I would appreciate, if someone could clarify the above queries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/11 12:47 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Hello All,

As reazuddinMD requested, I am also eager to know the answers for those questions.

I have applied for mine(work permit) and my spouse (dependent visa) visa on May 1st week. I have got the visa in a 2 months and currently in Germany. For my wife they have asked for marriage certification verification and so I have sent all required as requested on July second week.

So kindly let me know
1) is there any option to speed up the vise process?
2) What is local ABH stands for?

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify these questions. As for more than 2 weeks no one has replied for reazuddinMD, I would request all of you to share your comments which will help us a lot... Thanks in advance...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/11 2:24 PM as a reply to ka sr.
Check the following answers:
1- really does it takes so much time?
>> Average is 3 months.

2- is there any possibility to speed up the process?
>> Normally not but in case the expected date (i.e. the date, which the embassy told you during the application process) is over then you should contact.

3- SOmeone suggested to contact local ABH to speedup the process.what is ABH stands for, whom should I contact in local ABH?how to find the ABH in our locality?
>> ABH stands for "Auslanderbehorde" i.e. where you extend your residence permit in Germany. If you suppose to contact with ABH then you should contact with the same person/room where you went last time to extend your own residence permit.

4- Spouse name is included in both the passports, still marriage certificate is a required document?
>> Yes, according to the rule it is required! In worse case, even you need a translated copy of your marriage certificate. I know its disappointing but you know in some cases (e.g. citizenship) they also ask for birth certificate although it is written in the passport!

Good luck...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/11 4:03 PM as a reply to ka sr.
I completely agree with the last post reply of Moin for the queries 1), 2) and 3).

For the 4) query,

Chennai German consulate is not particular about adding spouse name in passport. Marriage Certificate is a MUST

Kolkatta German consulate "wants" spouse name to be added in each other's passport AND marriage certificate is a MUST [JUST A REMARK FOR SOMEONE APPLYING FROM KOLKATA, Please also verify their website for the reference]
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott