Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion children - Visa processing time

Toggle
Hi all, 8 weeks back we have applied for "Family reunion - Children" visa for our son(3m old) in German embassy Chennai. On their website it is said that Visa processing takes minimum 6-8 weeks. 8 wks is already over but till date we have not got any response. I called Ausländerbehörde in Nürnberg and they have always been saying that it is under processing. Since the Flight ticket costs will be very vey expensive in summer season we have booked them areadyfor last wee of June hoping that Visa processng will finish in 8 wks. We are worried now if we can get the Visa on time. 

1. Can you guys share your experience about how much time it has taken in your case to get the Visa for your Children ?

2. After they finish processing:
- they said we will be informed ("by letter" or "email" or "any or by both means" ? i don't know).
- Then we have to take the Passport for stamping( to "German embassy Chennai" or to "local VFS" or "any of the two as per per our wish" ? i dont know).
- Will they also ask to bring/send "Health insuranceor child" along with Passport ? In such case: i cannot have Health insurance formy son yet since heis in India. But once he comes to Germany and register then he gets the Health insurance. So in this case, can i put the same on self-written paper and send to German embassy ?  

Please clarify these points. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family reunion children - Visa processing time
Answer
6/11/15 11:19 AM as a reply to Ramesh Babu Adari.
Hi,

I think I can only answer your second question: You don't need to present health insurance details to get your visa stamped. However, once the visa has been approved make sure you let your health insurance company knows. They will start with the paperwork for your son. All they require is his details and his date of entering the country.

Best of luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/15 1:08 PM as a reply to Fiend.
@Moshcreature - In my case, I had purchased a normal indian health insurance for my 3 months old son for the visa purpose. hence, I think, temporary health insurance is required here.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/11/15 1:11 PM as a reply to Ramesh Babu Adari.
@lerninfo15 - Go and personally visit the Ausländerbehörde in your city, calling them will not help. The documents would have been surely reached Ausländerbehörde as its more than 8 weeks.

1 question for you - did you provided your house rent agreement, and it has around 50 square meters of area?

Thanks,
Sanjay
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/17/15 12:23 PM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
Yes, i have provided the house rental agreement. it has more than 50 sq.m

After 8 weeks i got email from German Foregn offce in India and thy ask me to send Child's Birth certificate and a DD of 20,000 Rs for further verifcation which would take atleast another 4 months.  

Infact i don't think there is any need for this additional verifcation because my wife was in Germany for the first 4months of her Pregnancy and we have "Mutter Pass", "Frauenarztin letter" and "Hospital admit letter". We have provided these to Embassy in Inda at the time of Visa application but they still want verification(20000Rs and 4months). This doesn't make sense why they would need it.  

I contacted Ausländerbehörde in my city. They say they have not asked for that additional verification. Then i contacted Foreign office in India and they say that it is the local office in Germany which has asked for verification. What a mess :-(

Guys please share your experiences whether you were asked for the additional verification or not ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/21/15 11:40 PM as a reply to Ramesh Babu Adari.
hi lerninfo15,

I also hveto apply f m sose& child visa 
as u mentioned  in March  2015   tey asked  u for 4 mnths  after initial 2 mnths  is it so!

& u hdto pay 20k +4mnth forur childbirt certifate verification!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/30/15 1:04 PM as a reply to Aki.
yes.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124