Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Leaving and coming back to Germany

Toggle
Leaving and coming back to Germany
abmeldung leaving and entering germany
Answer
6/2/15 7:07 PM
Hello,

I am currently on blue card for last 6 months. My current employer's notice period is 1 week. I have got very good new offer which satisfies all Blue card requirements and new employer is asking me to join in 1 month. 

Currently wait period in ABH is around 8 weeks for employer change on zusatblatt.Is it a good idea that I resign ,go back to my home country and come back to Germany again on Blue card to work with new employer ? 

1. Do I need to do Abmeldung while leaving Germany so that I will not have any problems while coming back for new job ?
2. If I do Abmeldung, is Blue card taken back by German Authorities ?
3. Is it required to get new Fresh visa while coming back to Germany if blue card remains with me ?

Please help me urgently as I need to take decisions in next 2 / 3 days.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Leaving and coming back to Germany
Answer
6/2/15 11:17 PM as a reply to GE.
Hello, congratulations on your job offer.

I don't think going back is necessary. Would it be possible to apply for an employer change in the ABH, keep your current job until you get it and then move to your new job? That'd be easier for you. And maybe it doesn't take so long, I know people who made the employer change in 1-2 weeks. 8 weeks sounds too much to me.

1) It is generally a very good idea in Germany to inform as many people as possible about the changes in your situation. Your ABH, your Finanzbehorde for your taxes, your insurance companies, Rundfunkbeitragservice, whatever you can think of. Most of those are very easy to do and doesn't take much time. You can even make a Nachsendeantrag in DeutschePost so that your mail gets delivered to your new address. Doing these saved me a huge amount of headache in the past.

2) If you say you are leaving your job, they'll take it back. In some cases they can give you a certain grace period though.

3) If you don't change your visa you only need employer change, which will be noted in your Zusatzblatt, no need to leave Germany for that.

That's all I know. It is not certain and absolutely reliable information. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/15 1:36 PM as a reply to GE.
Hi,

first of all (arnhem told you already), do not resign untill you have the new contract in hand!

With the new contract you can go to your local alien office (if your new job is in the same city as the old one and you do not change your residential address) and the employers name change can be done in 1 hour. Search our forum for similar cases, including good and bad experiences. 

I guess you mean that you will not get an apppointement before 8 weeks, because the alien office is in a big city like Berlin or Munich? So the waiting period is related to this, not to the act of changing the employer!

If you go home just for a vacation, no problem! If you do deregistration, which I would not recommend, it is different.

Search the forum for answers! I am sure you will find many info.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/15 10:18 PM as a reply to trust7.
trust7:
Hi,

first of all (arnhem told you already), do not resign untill you have the new contract in hand!

With the new contract you can go to your local alien office (if your new job is in the same city as the old one and you do not change your residential address) and the employers name change can be done in 1 hour. Search our forum for similar cases, including good and bad experiences. 

I guess you mean that you will not get an apppointement before 8 weeks, because the alien office is in a big city like Berlin or Munich? So the waiting period is related to this, not to the act of changing the employer!

If you go home just for a vacation, no problem! If you do deregistration, which I would not recommend, it is different.

Search the forum for answers! I am sure you will find many info.

Good luck

Detlef
 Hello Detlef , arnhem,

I am also in similar situation. My new employer is in different city and different state of Germany.

Do I need to do change of employer in my current city or new city (Where my new employer is located) ?

Is it happened with anybody that for change of employer on Zusatblatt took more that 1 day ?

Please share experiences, opionions as early as possible.

Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/15 10:44 PM as a reply to SE.
Search the forum!

There are many similar cases which have been discussed already.

For example:

http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/836150
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3