Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Resident permit to EU Blue Card conversation & Settling permanently

Toggle
I have got eAT(Resident permit) card now, I have realized I'm eligible for EU Blue card after going through the requirement. 

Appreciate your feedback

1. My eAT is for 1 year and Zusatzblatt(additional letter) clearly states my current employer. If I apply Blue Card,will it be aligned to my current empolyer again ?  In that case whats the advantage of Blue Card?
2. As ber below information , If I get Blue card and stay for 33 months, I can be eligible to apply for citizen ship and stay permanently in Germany? 
… as owner of an EU Blue Card(Settlement permit under section 19a subs. 6 Residence Act)
  If you are in possession of an EU Blue Card, you are entitled to a settlementpermit after 33 months of highly qualified employment, providedyou meet all the necessary requirements (including making contributionsto the statutory pension insurance).
   If you can show sufficient German language skills (Level B 1), a settlementpermit will be issued after only 21 months of highly qualified employment(section 19a subs. 6 sent. 3 Residence Act). You must also have paid intosocial security insurance for this period.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Resident permit to EU Blue Card conversation & Settling permanently
Answer
5/31/15 9:42 PM as a reply to gururaj bangalore.
1) Yes it will be only valid for your current employer. It'll be issued until the end of your contract, for a maximum of 4 years. Advantage is that you can apply for Permanent Residency after 21 or 33 months, depending on your german level.

2) No it is not citizenship, it is permanent residency. You can get it even in 21 months if you have B1 level German knowledge.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott