Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Health insurance for 90 day visa period

Toggle
Hi,

I will be moving to Germany next week and will begin my job on June 1st. I was wondering if it was necessary for me to book some sort of insurance from here till my insurance (TK) from my job kicks in. 

Do immigration officials ask for insurance papers? 

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Health insurance for 90 day visa period
Answer
5/23/15 9:07 AM as a reply to Fiend.
I don't think there should be a problem, because you have visa already to come in. Is that a D-type visa?

You can directly register yourself to an insurance as soon as you arrive to Germany. For this probably you need to get residence permit first.

Proposal:
- come to Germany
- go to Immigration office, and convert your visa into a residence permit
- go to TK, and register yourself immediately
- then you are on safe side

Health insurance is independent of job. When I came to Germany in 2005, my case was like yours and officials didn't ask me that.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Health insurance for 90 day visa period
Answer
5/26/15 9:03 AM as a reply to Fiend.
1. Travel insurance does not cover residents.
2. Even before you go to the Rathaus, fill out the TK application form, scan it using smartphone and send it by email.

I applied 2 weeks after arriving and was admitted in hospital with out insurance. They covered even though I applied late. It will save you lot of hassles if you apply on zeroth day.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott