Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

niederlassung validity when away from germany

Toggle
Hi,

I had a blue card earller and now I have a niederlassung erlaubnis.

But due to some personal reasons I want to quit my job now,leave Germany and go and stay in my country for sometime. I have a couple of questions - 

1. How long my niederlasung will be valid when I am away from germany. I guess with new rules its 1 year. Am I right? Can I extend this period somehow?

2. When I leave germany, I must do an abmemdung at Rathaus right?

3. What is the best way to keep my niederlassung active - 
  • If I keep travelling back here to Germany every 6 months or year, can I keep it active?
  • Register as a free lancer. In that case I have to pay for medical insurance and must maintain an address in Germany - so no abmeldung should be done, right? Is that legal?
  • Any other suggestions..??
Thanks in advance for your help!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: niederlassung validity when away from germany
Answer
5/16/15 7:36 AM as a reply to Gyan.
If you cancel your registration, then the Alien Office will most probably cancel your residence permit too, because they will think you will not come back.

And if you stay outside Germany longer than 6 months, your residence permit will be cancelled. Proof: §51 AufenthG

It is not easy to get the unlimited residence permit. Before you leave, think about the facts above.

If you can stay 2-3 years more, you will get German citizenship. After that you can leave the country without any problem. Until that time you need to keep your registration as long as you want to keep your permit. Try to find someone to whom you can shift your registration, that way you can also save money of your rent.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
5/22/15 4:41 PM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Thanks Klenze17!

So you mean if

- I keep my registration here, I do no abmeldung. Or
  - Somewhere get a shared apartment or something and register myself there.

In above cased will my niederlassung or residence permit stays valid? Even if I am not actually living here in Germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 6:49 PM as a reply to Gyan.
Short speaking yes. You must make sure that you have a registration somewhere in Germany. It is your financial responsbility how to find such a flat. Please check the law link in my previous post: you should travel at least every 6 months for at least a couple of days to Germany.

Be aware that border police at airports have access to flight data all the time and they can check how frequent you can travel and how long you stay in Germany... Even though you follow the laws, these things might cause more controls at the border... Theory and practice can be always different, you can imagine..
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott