Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German national visa with renewed new passport having surname

Toggle
Hello Everyone,
I have applied german national visa on 1st week of March 2015 in Bangalore consulate. I am Blue card eligible. Its almost 10 weeks, I have not got any reply from consulate regarding my VISA approval.

@Forum Members
Can you please let me know if the following reason might be probable reason of delay

I have been to Germany earlier on deputation with old company. VISA is stamped on my old passport.
In my old passort, my surname was empty and given name as X Y Z. In my new passport surname is having Z and Given name as X Y.
Does it cause any problems in getting the VISA considering my last visit in Germany with old passport where surname was missing and with new passport having surname.
It might looks like consulate are searching files with my new passport surname and unable to find the files of my old visits.
fyi..i have attached both old and new passport copy while submitting the VISA application.

Thanks for your views on my post and expecting your prompt replies.

Best Regards,
Neo
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German national visa with renewed new passport having surname
Answer
5/18/15 12:38 PM as a reply to Neo.
Dear Members,

Please let me know if any body is facing such kind of problems.

i am waiting for 11th week and still no response from the consulate. I tried to contact them and reply is "still in progress".

Regards,
Neo
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3