Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Work Permit application query.

Toggle
German Work Permit application query.
employment visa work visa work permit apply visa together overstay
Answer
5/11/15 6:32 AM
Hi All,

I am Vikas and I have applied for work permit from My current company.

However I am worried If I will ever be granted visa since I had overstayed my previous visit on a schengen visa, below is the description :

Overstay of 12 days for a 30 days duration based business visa valid from 10jan2015 to 24feb2015 which lasted and stay period from 11jan2015 to 21feb2015.

the Immigration officer was  convinced by my answers and put normal exit stamps in passport.

the above information is informed to concerned while applying the work permit with those papers provided the officers.

Please let me know of any suggestions regarding this type of problem.

0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Work Permit application with one overstay record by 12 days
Answer
5/8/15 3:30 PM as a reply to VIKAS JAGADEESH.
@vikas

In recent past a lot of foreigners have misused the Schengen Visa to look for jobs or job interviews in Germany and the authorities here thoroughly check the itenary of the visitors, specially those who overstay. They know in which hotel you slept, where you ate, whom you visited. Since overstaying is a very offensive crime, I'm afraid you will never be able to enter the Schengen countries again, even on tourist visa.

Good luck with your career!.

regards, Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice.
0 (0 Votes)

raj2009:
@vikas

In recent past a lot of foreigners have misused the Schengen Visa to look for jobs or job interviews in Germany and the authorities here thoroughly check the itenary of the visitors, specially those who overstay. They know in which hotel you slept, where you ate, whom you visited. Since overstaying is a very offensive crime, I'm afraid you will never be able to enter the Schengen countries again, even on tourist visa.

Good luck with your career!.

regards, Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice.

@Raj,

Have you come across anybody who have been denied visa due to overstay history ?

The IO himself stated in a mail that the visa applications wont be affected since the prosecutor is yet to make his decision and if i get a visa I shall be allowed entry of couse there is be questioning but I have heard some people with huge overstays get visa and re enter germany but not sure if it was a work permit.

Thanks for a quick reply Raj.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: German Work Permit application with one overstay record by 12 days
Answer
5/11/15 9:10 AM as a reply to VIKAS JAGADEESH.
There is nothing much you can do in any case. Apply for residence permit and wait for the outcome. If it is negative, they will have to state a reason. You can contest it in court. 

Did they give you anything in writing? If they have communicated to the German consulate in India. They may flag your passport number. 
+1 (1 Vote)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott