Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerungszusicherung-- How one can travel during the process of Canceli

Toggle
I got the Einbürgerungszusicherung letter from Einbürgerung Amt, now they told me to cancel my current Nationality. The process of canceling my current Nationality will take around 3 to 4 months.
Now the questions is, how can i travel during this time (business trips etc) when i will not have any passport? Can i get some paper from Einbürgerung Amt with which i can travel? has anybody gone through this process?
0 (0 Votes)

Unfortunaley you have to avoid travelling during this time or finish all travels before you apply for cancellation. Which nationality do u have at present? Do you have to give the passport back before you get the cancellation letter?
0 (0 Votes)

Yes, i need to give back my current passport together with ID card.
0 (0 Votes)

If it takes 3 to 4 months.. then you are still the citizen of the country.. Depending on the local law, the cancellation of the citizenship is only effective when they hand you the cancellation paper. Your passport can be withdrawn only after handing over the cancellation document.. otherwise you would be stateless for 3-4 Months.. and this should be always tried to be avoided per International laws..

I also applied for the cancellation of my current citizenship but I still possess my passport.. the withdrawal of it will only happen when they decide the cancellation.. my application for the cancellation is just an "application".. it still needs to be decided and I am still a citizen.. so check your home country's laws for your case.. I am a Turkish citizen by the way.. at least still.. ;)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

"Yes, i need to give back my current passport together with ID card."

At the time of the application for the cancellation ???

Sorry but this is bad practice.. leaving the citizens who want to cancel the citizenship in a very bad situation.. I would object to that if I were you..

If they withdraw your ID and passport right away at the time of the cancellation application, then they should give you the document that confirms that you are not a citizen anymore also right away..

What is your home country btw ?

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Thanks for your replies.
I will call my embassy and check it again tomorrow. May be the operator in embassy, gave me wrong information's.
0 (0 Votes)

@UMTS11

You are still not answering the question about your Nationality, which may help in answering the question
0 (0 Votes)

@RAJ

my guess he is Indian ???? hope he let us know the Secrect emoticon

Have a lot of fun ..
MATRIX
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124