Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit

Work permit
Answer
7/11/11 5:43 PM
Hi All

I am in a strange situation, if anyone here come across such scenario, please comment or advice.

I was DFG scholarship(in 2008) holder and was doing PhD(which I am also doing as well). In 2010 DFG closed the graduate school and may students like me were forced to look for a job. In my case, I am married and my wife was aspecting a baby so for me securing a good position was the only option.

In 2010 I got a job in Göttingen with unlimited contract and since than i am doing a job.

The problem is:
When I applied for work permit, the auslanderbehorde(ABH) denied the work permit but after that they issued me §16 with a permission that I can work in the company on full time till I finish my PhD(I am partly working for my PhD). However it is also mentioned on the visa that I am not entitled to any benefits. For example, if I loose my job even after 3-4 years, I will not be entitled to arbeitlose geld and so on...

I want to get §18 so that I can be more secure but ABH insists that you are a student and you did not finish. My supervisor says that, for pursuing a PhD, it is not necessary to be a student so you should get a valid work permit.

The situation is really fuzzy for me because in case of any problem related to my job, I can be in deep shit...

I pay full tax and want some security, for this purpose I need and at least I also think that I am entitled to visa §18.

Does anybody has such experience, I know a person who was in the same situation and got work permit but he was in Berlin.

Can anybody advice me...

Regards
Gul
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7