Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Paying for pension when working as freelancer

Toggle
Hi All,

Do I have to pay for the pension even I am working as a freelancer?

Why -->
- My income is coming from one company only (As a IT freelancer it is common, is it??). So I am not a so called true freelancer but more like an employee.

Any information on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rajnish
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Paying for pension when working as freelancer
Answer
12/21/07 11:48 AM as a reply to Rajnish Kumar.
@rajnish

What i know is , if you are a freelancer then you do not pay Pension. As your case is somewhat mixed and complicated you better contact a Taxlawyer.
IF you are a freelancer then you need a tax number. and you will be paid only for the time you work.

Rgds
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/07 1:37 PM as a reply to Rajnish Kumar.
Hi Rajnish,

you are right! Your position is very dangerous, for you and also for your employer. I would say mostly for your emplyoyer, because he has to take care that all his employees pay their social contributions and the salary taxes. And if you have only 1 client, it is possible, that they do not accept your selfdependent status and that they (the tax authorities) say you are 'Scheinselbständig', which means you pretend to be selfdependent but you are not, because you depend completely on this 1 client/company.

The worst thing is, that this can go for years and then you or the company will have an external audit (Betriebsprüfung) and they want to get all the money from the past years!!

So I agree with Savion and I strongly recommend to consult your tax adviser.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/07 5:57 PM as a reply to Rajnish Kumar.
Thank you for your response ...

I have a tax number as freelancer and working via middle company (lets say A), which has several different customers.

To clear my position -->
-I have legal signed contract with A.
-I have no legal signed contract with end customer but A has.
-I send invoice to A and then A send their own invoice to company where I am providing my services.
-End customer does not pay me in any way.
-I get paid by A.

Marry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Best regards,

Rajnish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/07 9:14 PM as a reply to Rajnish Kumar.
I think its not a "must" that you pay Rente, however, you may contribute. And you get better conditions with private Rente companies than the Federal state.

rgds,
xadnan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3