Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Attestation of German University degree certificate

Toggle
I need some info about the attestation rules for certificates issued by German universities. I did my Phd from university of Karlsruhe. I am planning to go back to India and also in the process of searching for jobs there. For govt jobs, some of them specifically ask for attestation by the Indian embassy/consulate for copies of certificates from foreign universities. When I contacted the Munich consulate they said they need to see the attestation from the landesgericht to do that (which also cost 14 euros per copy). I live in Stuttgart and I therefore contacted the landesgericht here. They said they will do that only if the copy is attested by a Notar (wont accept from anybody else, even buergerbuero!) And the Notar charges on an average 10 euros/copy. That is in addition to the time one has to spend for running after these people. That means in the end one has to roll out around 30 euros for just one copy! I simply dont understand this nonsense. Is there any written rule behind this? All you need for attestation is to see the original certificate. For the landesgericht to say that they dont attest the copy of a certificate issued by a german (elite) university unless they see a signature from a Notar doesn't make any sense. Does anyone know the truth? Or are the really like that? (won't be surprised though, when compared to the other bureaucratic nonsenses that I experienced at the auslanderamt!)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Attestation of German University degree certificate
Answer
2/8/12 10:41 AM as a reply to Rajesh Sadanandan.
Contact your uni to begin with. They must know whats the right way to be done. The rest are semi-informed. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott