Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Change of Employer on Blue card in less than 2 years of getting Blue card

Toggle
Change of Employer on Blue card in less than 2 years of getting Blue card
change of employer on blue card
Answer
4/3/15 9:46 PM
Hi,

I would like to know documents to be shown in ABH for doing change of employer when 2 years are not finished after getting blue card.

As per my understanding , I need to go to ABH and show new employment contract (Which satisfies all Blue card criterias).

Question 1 : Is Resignation Confirmation from old employer required while visiting ABH for doing change of employer ?

Question 2 : How much time ABH normally takes to change Employer on Zusatzblatt (On paper) and Blue Card (Changing information on blue card electronically) ?

Question 3 : My notice period is 2 weeks , if ABH takes more than 2 weeks to do change of employer, then I will be practically jobless after 2 weeks, in that case what happens to my health insurance (I have GVK) ?

Quick response is appreciated.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Hi,

you do not have to show the resignation letter at the alien office.

If the new contract fulfills the Blue Card conditions, they change the employer on the additional page within half an hour when you go there. To get a new Blue Card will last around 2 weeks.

Although it should not be a problem, I would not resign from the old job, before the new one including work permit is safe!

Good luck

Detlef 
0 (0 Votes)

Hi,

I have a related question. 

I currently have a blue card based on an unlimited contract and now want to change employer on Zusatzblatt.

I have to ask the new employer to put a start date on the contract - Say May 15, 2016.

Now, should I take the appointment as soon as possible with the foreign office with the new contract?
If so, would they change the employer name immedietely on Zusatzblatt?
If that happens, can I continue working with current employer till May 14, 2016? In that case, would it not be illegal to work with the current employer? Should I let the current employer know only after the Zusatzblatt is changed

Also I read somewhere that the new employer needs to fill some forms and send me? Is there any other documentation required apart from the New contract.

Thanks in advance for your answer since the matter is urgent.

Best regards
Vineet
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Change of Employer on Blue card in less than 2 years of getting Blue ca
Answer
4/19/16 2:45 PM as a reply to Vineet Keshav.
Hi
You can take the appointment as soon as possible with the foreign office with the new contract. Since, the start date with the new employer is May 15, 2016, hence, you can continue working with current employer till May 14, 2016.

Yes, new employer will send you some forms like medical insurance transfer, etc. to fill and they will take care of everything.

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18