Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Power Of Attorney

Toggle
Power Of Attorney
Answer
3/28/15 11:51 PM
Hi,

My wife is an indian national. She wants to send a general power of attorney to my father (for leasing a property).

1. Does my father need to send the general power of attorney (original) from india, or can i also get the template, type it on a paper? 

2. Does anybody has such a template?

3. Does the Power of attorney need to be notarised only at the indian consulate? or can it also be done at a local notary? (I get differing views here in the internet). I would prefer getting it notarised by a local notary as i wouldnot have to travel from nuernberg to munich (nearest consulate). Has anybody done this (Power of attorney from a local notary) successully and has it been accepted in India?

Thanks for the answers in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Power Of Attorney
Answer
3/30/15 11:50 AM as a reply to s.
Hallo Anurag,

I am not an expert to give an advise though. I vl just give my input for your information.

I had to apply for electrical meter, water connection in india. For that I hv just written a paper saying that

in my absence he can apply for all the reqd connections. I just written it on paper, signed and sent it as a scan copy.

For leasing a property, i think you may make a power of attorney via a lawyer in india and follow the instructions from him. I think that would be fine but pl. collect necessary information and do the best.

Br
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/1/15 4:10 PM as a reply to s.
anurag:
Hi,

My wife is an indian national. She wants to send a general power of attorney to my father (for leasing a property).

1. Does my father need to send the general power of attorney (original) from india, or can i also get the template, type it on a paper? 

I have signed the PoA template and sent it to my father, who printed it out on a stamp paper. The notary in India will sign it without any problem.

2. Does anybody has such a template?
I have attached. It can tailored to your needs. Ask a lawyer to do it afresh,  charge 1000 bucks for this. 

3. Does the Power of attorney need to be notarised only at the indian consulate? or can it also be done at a local notary? (I get differing views here in the internet). I would prefer getting it notarised by a local notary as i wouldnot have to travel from nuernberg to munich (nearest consulate). Has anybody done this (Power of attorney from a local notary) successully and has it been accepted in India?

Strictly speaking, that is how it needs to be done. I have applied for bank loan by doing as in (1). I got it because the bank didnt know I was a resident in Germany. If they knew I had to spend a lot in translation of job contract, residence permit, ..expense upto 200 to 300 euros. 

Thanks for the answers in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/3/15 7:13 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks for the responses guys.

@cebit:
Thanks for the template. Looks quite good indeed. Did i understand correctly. You have just signed the template and sent to india (without getting it notarised here). Your father had it printed on a stamp paper and the notary signed it?

I was planning to print your template, get it notarised here with a local notary in nuremberg and then send it to india, where my father can get it printed on a stamp paper and do the further things. I am hoping that this works out for leasing the property. (without having to go to the consulate in munich and getting the POA notarised by them)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/15 5:59 PM as a reply to s.
anuragchukka:

@cebit:
Thanks for the template. Looks quite good indeed. Did i understand correctly. You have just signed the template and sent to india (without getting it notarised here). Your father had it printed on a stamp paper and the notary signed it?

Yes

I was planning to print your template, get it notarised here with a local notary in nuremberg and then send it to india, where my father can get it printed on a stamp paper and do the further things. I am hoping that this works out for leasing the property. (without having to go to the consulate in munich and getting the POA notarised by them)

I printed my  Indian address on the PoA. If you print your German address on the PoA, then you will have to do the entire process notary, consulate ...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/15 10:44 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
anuragchukka:

@cebit:

Yes

I printed my  Indian address on the PoA. If you print your German address on the PoA, then you will have to do the entire process notary, consulate ...

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18