Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

bring parents to germany

Toggle
bring parents to germany
Answer
10/13/05 2:09 AM
I remembered long time ago somebody asked about the procedure or other possibility instead of tourist visum.
Can you give update about this?
thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: bring parents to germany
Answer
10/13/05 6:38 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
visitor's visa:

Go to your local rathaus and get "Verpflichtungserklaerung formular" and fill it up (just one page) and submit back the filled in form with your last three months payslip. Buy a travel insurance either from Germany or the visitor's country and post them,
1) your invitation letter
2) Verpflichtungserklaerung
3) travel health insurance and the vistor gets max. 3 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/05 12:35 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
@Baablo,
Thanks for the information.
I was hoping to bring them in to live for longer period. My parent is growing old and nobody taking care of them there.

by the way, which travel insurance is good? optimize between price and leistung?

thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/05 5:20 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
@VP_2004

you can only bring them for 3 months (normal entry visa, remember the one you had when you came in Germany?) and then get extension for them, I dunno but I heard you can get up to 2 extensions, for then a total of 3 months + 2 * 3 months = 9 months. Not sure about the last info, so you better ask.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/05 8:20 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
"by the way, which travel insurance is good? optimize between price and leistung?"

Allianz travel health insurance is the best as far as I know because they charge the visitor on daily basis and you need to contact any allianz agent near by your place to find out the right amount and for further details check it here http://www.allianz.de/produkte/personen/reisekranken/lange_reisen/?foe=90&stype=50
and more over they cover same like others travel insurance companies does.

Not to forget you can apply for both parents at a time on the "Verpflichtungserklaerung formular".

"you can only bring them for 3 months (normal entry visa, remember the one you had when you came in Germany?) and then get extension for them, I dunno but I heard you can get up to 2 extensions, for then a total of 3 months + 2 * 3 months = 9 months. Not sure about the last info, so you better ask."

Extending visa is not that easy unless you live in a small town where few foreigners are registered in the alien office. They only extend if the visitor needs immediate health care or the inviter needs the services of visitor very badly. There is no fixed thing like two or three extensions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/05 6:27 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Hi,

I wish to bring my parents to germany for a period of 2-3 months. Can you please advise me how to go about it? Is there a site or checklist from where i can get these info ?

Thanks in advance,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/05 6:50 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
Your question has been answered by babloo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/05 11:05 PM as a reply to vijay raud.
thanks for all your input.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18