Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Spouse visa for non Blue card holder

Toggle
Spouse visa for non Blue card holder
Answer
3/18/15 9:17 AM
Hi guys,

Really sorry if this is a repeat post. However, I'd like some clarity on the reunification visa. Here are some details before I move forward:

• I was awarded a residence permit for 90 days on 11th March, 2015. The validity begins on the 25th of May, 2015. I'll be extending it once I'm in Berlin. 
  • I'm a non-BC holder
Now, I am not yet married but also am aware that it would require me having the residence permit for two years before my spouse can apply - I originally planned to get married later this year. My question is - if I get a court marriage done within the next two months before I leave for Germany will she be able to apply for it after I go there? Or will the two year rule still apply?

Please let me know if you need any further information to answer this question. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!  - See more at: http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/828125#sthash.B1ciAfdb.dpuf
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa for non Blue card holder
Answer
3/18/15 3:40 PM as a reply to Fiend.
Hi, If I understand correct, you got a Residence Permit VISA valid from May 1st 2015. Generally Residence Permit considered as long term visa and initially you will be given temporary 3 or 6 months visa at the home country and actual Residence permit will be given/awarded in local foreign(Rathaus, KVR) office after your arrival. The duation of extension depends on your job contract or some other factors. None of these things blocks you applying for your wife's visa. I guess you can even apply for your wife's visa directly in India before your travel to Germany. There is nothing like you should wait for 2 years to apply for your wifes visa in this case. Good Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse visa for non Blue card holder
Answer
3/18/15 7:37 PM as a reply to Kishore M.
sanskrit:
Hi, If I understand correct, you got a Residence Permit VISA valid from May 1st 2015. Generally Residence Permit considered as long term visa and initially you will be given temporary 3 or 6 months visa at the home country and actual Residence permit will be given/awarded in local foreign(Rathaus, KVR) office after your arrival. The duation of extension depends on your job contract or some other factors. None of these things blocks you applying for your wife's visa. I guess you can even apply for your wife's visa directly in India before your travel to Germany. There is nothing like you should wait for 2 years to apply for your wifes visa in this case. Good Luck.

Hi sanskrit,

Thanks so much for your response. That's correct my residence permit visa is valid from May 25th to August 22nd, 2015 - 3 months. So if I follow -  this is not the actualy resident permit is it? This clears things out.

Just another question - the two year rule only applies to the residence permit gotten in Germany is it?

Additionally - one of the requirements for the spouse visa is to produce the marriage album. How do I show them this if we're getting a court marriage done?

Thanks for your time!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18