Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

got my citizenship

Toggle
got my citizenship
Answer
9/14/05 12:26 PM
finally got the citizenship after i get NE in May this year. I am the truely FIRST landing paratrooper. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Re: got my citizenship
Answer
9/14/05 12:40 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
@urbietorbi

Congrats!! How about giving us some details like how long you are here, when did you apply, etc... :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 12:42 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
about 9 years. 4 years GC. applied last December. it took about 6 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 12:55 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
When you applied last december then it took you 9 months :-) tell us about the entire application process.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 1:01 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
go to the einbürgerungstelle and fill out all applications form with all necessary documents attached. And then wait wait wait.

Normally as a GC holder u can only take Ermessenseinbürgerung since you have less than 8 years with AE. Btw, u have to stay here legally at least 8 years before you can submit your application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 1:20 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
but dont you have to give-up your previous citizenship before you get german citizenship?

What happens in meanwhile when you have given up your previous citizenship and waiting for german citizenship, are you a stateless person during this time?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 1:28 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
u accquire the new one at the moment you give up the old one. They happend simultaneously.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 3:48 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
Congrats,

I am her on AE since Sept.2000 as GC . Now I have got my NE.

From 1998December till July 2000 I was staying in germany as a trainee.Aufthenhalts Bewelligung.

I have paid taxes since 1998.

Can I apply for the citizenship.

Pl. advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 4:02 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
@urbietorbi,

Many Congrats!!!

Could you please share whether you needed any "Integrationskurs" bescheinigung(Because, with this, the time limit is reduced to 7 years)?

Also, did they ask you for a Language-test (to read newspaper Or?)?

Being NE-holder, it would be helpful, if "Integrationskurs" could reduce the time limit and apply before.

Thanks for sharing info.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 4:09 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
as said, u can apply if u have legally stayed in Germany for 8 years and have paid 5 years pension.
At the moment of application, you should have a (permanent) residence permit.

Attention, i said u can. It needs not to mean that your application will be approved, since it is mostly a discretionary decision "Ermessensverfahren" instead of a pretension ("Anspruchsverfahren").

Only if you have stayed here for 8 years with Aufenthaltserlaubnis for work (i.e. 8 years rechtmäßig und gewöhnlich), you are then eligible for a nationalization, which is a MUST. But since u used to have only a "Bewilliung", which was "rechtmäßig" but not "gewöhnlich" stay, u can only choose the Ermessensverfahren.

Attention, what I said is only valid for Bavaria and several other states. In the rest,the Bewillungstime can be deemed part of that waiting time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 9:43 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
Hi urbietorbi

Congrats!!

Have you appeared for any deutsche certificate exam? or any deutsche certificate is compulsory?

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/05 10:12 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
no. I was waivered from the exam, since I finished my study here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/05 3:45 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
No one can answer this ???

What happened to DVD, No body.....

Please answer mann!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/05 5:14 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
Hi havehope,

you just need to call me to see me coming :-)

"Have you appeared for any deutsche certificate exam? or any deutsche certificate is compulsory?", to get NE you don't need all that, you just have to speak what you have in mind and understand what's been said to you, that's the most important.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/05 6:06 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
@havehope

You need to complete 8 years for Einbürgerung. My brazlian collegue has got one. He was in Germany as a normal student, then finsihed his Phd and he has worked as a research assitant all time(10 years) with A'bewelligung. when he got his Unbefristet erlaubnis last year, the next day he applied for citizenship and he has already got one in 6 weeks time. It was in Bayern..

So please dont worry that u have Bewelligung or erlaubnis. I was already in Einbürgererungsamt and they told me that only 8 years is important and prefarablly you need NE, when u apply for citizenship

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/19/05 7:45 PM as a reply to lanzer lanzer.
Thanks DVD and Rajesh for your answers.

Rajesh I have got my NE 3 months back §19.

I will speak to auslander behörde for this.

Thanks

Have hope
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3