Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Last name for dependent visa : Chennai consulate

Toggle
Dear Friends,

Am a BlueCard holder based in Germany, and am currently applying for the dependent visa for my wife from Chennai consulate. Needless to say this community has been of immense help for me but I have couple of queries.

1. Marriage Certificate: My MC has been issued by the Muslim Wakf Board (Andhra Pradesh) and has a notary as well. Further I have translated the same in German via Goethe Institute. Is this enough for Chennai consulate, or is there any other approvals/attestations required from any other authority.

2. Last Name: My wifes passport has only a given name (First name) but the field for Last Name is empty. However I have already included my name in her passport (under spouse name). I know from past experience, that for work permit applicants it is mandatory to have a last name, but my wife will not be working. So my question is whether the lack of last name on my wife's passport would in anyway hinder her dependent visa application.

Many thanks for providing the inputs.

Regards,
Ahmed
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Last name for dependent visa : Chennai consulate
Answer
3/10/15 8:16 AM as a reply to Ateeq.
Hallo Ahmed,

Am a BlueCard holder based in Germany, and am currently applying for the dependent visa for my wife from Chennai consulate. Needless to say this community has been of immense help for me but I have couple of queries.

1. Marriage Certificate: My MC has been issued by the Muslim Wakf Board (Andhra Pradesh) and has a notary as well. Further I have translated the same in German via Goethe Institute. Is this enough for Chennai consulate, or is there any other approvals/attestations required from any other authority.

- No need of further attestations on MC for visa approval (MC verification is enough). 

2. Last Name: My wifes passport has only a given name (First name) but the field for Last Name is empty. However I have already included my name in her passport (under spouse name). I know from past experience, that for work permit applicants it is mandatory to have a last name, but my wife will not be working. So my question is whether the lack of last name on my wife's passport would in anyway hinder her dependent visa application.

- It won't make any Problem here in Germany. Even my wife Passport and Visa do not have Surname.

Best regards,
Mohamm
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3