Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Status of Visa after Losing Job

Toggle
Status of Visa after Losing Job
Answer
3/5/15 9:36 AM
Hallo

I need an urgent information.I have lost my job on 2nd Feb 2015 during my probezeit period and currently in the same company I am doing an freiwiliges Praktikum till May 31st.

Now,I have an normal work visa and not EU Blue Card in which it has written that I am allowed to work only in this company and my Visa expires on Nov 2015.

Still I didn go to the visa office yet as I am really scared on what will they say after I lose my job.

So I kindly request you to help me out on following questions:

a)What will be my Visa status 
b)Am I supposed to leave the country before May 31st 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Status of Visa after Losing Job
Answer
3/6/15 8:44 AM as a reply to Arun Kumar.
Hi!

Sorry to hear about your job, but please provide further information in order to guide e.g.,

- How long you have been living in Germany
- Where are you from?
- Are you a recent German University Graduate
- Did you worked with some other German company before this job? If yes how long?

In any case you must immediately register with Bundesagentur für Arbeit in your city/town, in normal circumstances you must inform them the same day when you were fired.

Best regards,
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/6/15 9:08 AM as a reply to R V.
Hallo

I have been living in germany since sep 2012.I got graduated by Oct 2014 and this is my first job .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/7/15 10:38 AM as a reply to Arun Kumar.
1234:
I have lost my job on 2nd Feb 2015 during my probezeit period and currently in the same company I am doing an freiwiliges Praktikum till May 31st.

Now,I have an normal work visa and not EU Blue Card in which it has written that I am allowed to work only in this company and my Visa expires on Nov 2015.

If I understood you correctly, you studied here and after graduation you changed from a study permit under §16 to a work permit under §18 bound to your employer. Since you were not issued a Blue Card, I'm assuming that you were earning less than the Blue Card threshold and that you were issued the work permit because the position and the salary were still considered appropriate and sufficient for a university graduate.

I see two major problems with you now working as an intern for the same company using the same permit. First of all, you were issued your current permit bound to the company based on a certain position. If you are now working at a completely different position at a different (presumably much lower) salary, your work permit might not be valid. Secondly, even as an intern you definitely need to be earning at least the minimum wage (you don’t meet the criteria for the minimum wage exemption).

Furthermore, you are also required to inform the ABH that your employment has been terminated (§82 Abs 6 AufenthG).

I don’t see any way around going to your local ABH ASAP to clear up your situation (and keep looking for a new job).
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott