Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Issuance Time

Toggle
Visa Issuance Time
Answer
3/5/15 4:57 AM
Its been 1week my husband enquired the abh about my visa status and they told him that it is approved..but when on the same day i called my local consulate in karachi, the lady told me they cant tell anything and they will call me...now 1week has passed and no call from the consulate..i think it wont take too long for them to issue me visa..i want to go in first week of april and have to reserve my flight...should i call them again or email them?or should i wait?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Visa Issuance Time
Answer
3/6/15 8:38 AM as a reply to Sana.
Dear abx,

please have some patience, if ABH in Germany has confirmed that they have given the green signal to the German Consulate in Karachi than it is clear that sooner or later you will get a call or email from them. If you keep calling them, they might get annoyed and then you wont be able to fly before May. emoticon

On the other hand please let me know in which city/town of Germany your spouse lives? Although nowadays everything is done online, but some visa officers in German consulates still prefer to have a written confirmation by post as well. This is how the German bureaucracy works;

- ABH in local town/city sends the documents by post to the Foreign Office (Auswärtigesamt) in Berlin. (2-3 days)
- Foreign office sends every fortnight, alot of documents, passports etc to the German Consulate in Karachi. (15-20 days)

So i will suggest to wait for another two weeks and dont buy your ticket before the German Consulate ask you to show the ticket.

I hope this information was useful.

Best regards.
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Visa Issuance Time
Answer
3/9/15 4:56 AM as a reply to R V.
thanx alot raj2009 for your help...my husband lives in hamburg
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39