Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

student already working on werkvertrag, LEGAL or NOT?

Toggle
hi,
I am an non-EU student in Germany...I have been writing my thesis with a company here and they had offered me a work contract(werkvertrag) where I need to deliver them some hours of work at an hourly price, the contract has been signed and I am almost done with the work they require, but I did not know until now, that I can't freelance as a student. So what happens now? Was it my company's mistake that they did not check my visa status, since they signed the contract along with me? Would I get paid at the end?

I saw one thread in this forum here,
http://www.trust7.org/en/forums/visa_questions/werkvertrag
that says I can do werkvertrags, for 90 full days...does that include non-EU students as well...and is there a maximum limit on the euros/hour that I should be getting in such a case.

Vijai
0 (0 Votes)

Re: student already working on werkvertrag, LEGAL or NOT?
Answer
11/25/06 12:44 PM as a reply to Vijaishanker Balaramiah.
"I can do werkvertrags, for 90 full days..."

Yes, I think that is Ok but your mistake was to sign the contract without going to AA to check that everything was Ok.

Anyway the mistake also come from the company so I think that you are not in trumble (at least with them).

Just take a copy of the contract (one not signed) and go to AA to see what they say. Just say that that company is offering you a position.

Good luck,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3