Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Query
Answer
11/16/04 3:29 PM
Hello guys,
I am residing in Regensburg.
I ordered complete furniture for my house from a shop here and they informed me that it will be delivered in 4 weeks.
But now 5 weeks have passed and after calling them I was informed that it may take another 2 weeks time.
In this case can I ask for any discount? They seem to be not bothered about the delay.That was totally unfriendly.
I feel most of the German shops are totally customer unfriendly.
I am really getting pissed of these shops.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Query
Answer
11/16/04 4:40 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Heh, a German friend of mine once commented that "service" is not a German word. But, I guess you can tell them you cancel the order or want a discount in case they did not deliver and you can prove it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/16/04 4:42 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
That German shoppers are unfriendly is right. I also have been facing this attitudes. Even when a friend of mine came from England, he was totally disappointed with the behaviours of shoppers. May be they think we come to Germany as Asylums or something like that and we live here for their kindness! Even a German cleaner may think that we can never be equal to them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/16/04 5:30 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
mk that has nothing to do with foreigners.
They are not unfriendly because of you.
I can also say that shop people in USA are much more friendly than in Ge but it is because they are that way. They are cold, but you are wrong if you think they are cold to you. Some are cold even to their own children. It is just mentality and country habits.
So do not feel personaly ofended.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/23/04 3:12 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi,

Write a letter to their head office and complain. If they don't react, complain to the Verbraucherschutzzentrale as a consumer the best think you can do is complain, maybe to some Verbraucherschutz organisation.
If necesary, do it English or per email.

I mean, when an offered service is not delivered, complaining in a clear way, stating simple facts and without getting angry or being ironic, is the best to do, even if nothing happens, it sends a signal. And if enough people complain on something, things change. Really.

regards,
A.

link:
http://www.vzbv.de/go/
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18