Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Regarding Citizenship

Toggle
Regarding Citizenship
Answer
2/28/15 1:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my Citizenship Application end of January and have received a letter from Landratsamt regarding my application. It basically says the following.

"About your citizenship application can be now decided.We request you to make an appointment so that the Einbürgerungsurkunde can be handed over. Please bring for this appointment passport, visa card, salary statements and proof of  payment of 255 euros. "

Is the letter confirming that my citizenship application has been approved?. Is this letter the so called EInbürgerungszusicherung. If not how does the Einbürgerungszusicherung look like.Does the letter explicitly state that it is Einbürgerunszusicherung.

Also what will the beamter do with my existing passport. Will I get the cancelled passport back as I would like to have it for personal reasons. If not how can one proceed so that canclled passport is returned to us?

Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Regarding Citizenship
Answer
3/2/15 10:29 AM as a reply to hacksgen.
Hi,

congratulations!

As for your question, for some countries its important that one must apply for renunciation of existing citizenship, in that case EBH issues a promise of citizenship (Einbürgerungszusicherung), once the applicant is done with Ausbürgerung process they are handed over the Einbürgerungsurkunde.

Whereas, in some cases the EBH theselves want to do this cancellation process and therefore straight away issue the Einbürgerungsurkunde.

So enjoy being German and dont worry about Einbürgerungszusicherung, you are already at next level.

Good luck!

Raj++

P.S. this is not a legal advice
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Regarding Citizenship
Answer
3/12/15 11:32 PM as a reply to hacksgen.
hacksgen:
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my Citizenship Application end of January and have received a letter from Landratsamt regarding my application. It basically says the following.

"About your citizenship application can be now decided.We request you to make an appointment so that the Einbürgerungsurkunde can be handed over. Please bring for this appointment passport, visa card, salary statements and proof of  payment of 255 euros. "

Is the letter confirming that my citizenship application has been approved?. Is this letter the so called EInbürgerungszusicherung. If not how does the Einbürgerungszusicherung look like.Does the letter explicitly state that it is Einbürgerunszusicherung.

Also what will the beamter do with my existing passport. Will I get the cancelled passport back as I would like to have it for personal reasons. If not how can one proceed so that canclled passport is returned to us?

Best Regards
Some countries do not permit that you can give up your citizenship. In this case German laws accepts (well, has to) this status and gives you directly naturalization. In order words, you will have dual citizenship.

You don't get Einbürgerungszusicherung but a direct Einbürgerungsurkunde (much better). I don't think they can cancel your passport. They can just cancel your residence permit. Since you will get the citizenship, the residence permit won't be needed any more. Afterwards you will have two passports.

Klenze17
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18