Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue Card and Work Visa Confusion

Toggle
Blue Card and Work Visa Confusion
Answer
2/19/15 3:32 PM
Hi guys,

First off, great job! The community here is fantastic! Kudos.

I've accepted an offer for a German company in Berlin and we've formally signed the contract effective from April 1. All the Blue Card formalities are met and the company has already made the application with the relevant authorities. As per the last communication from LABO, the application should be processed within 4 weeks or so.

I already have a valid German business visa (Category C, Multiple entries, valid through the year) stamped on my Pakistani passport.

Would this suffice for entry or do I need apply for a work visa at the local embassy? Also, the German mission's website lists the requirements for a 'Job Seeker's Visa' and has no mention of providing documents like the legal employment contract etc. Would sincerely appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Blue Card and Work Visa Confusion
Answer
2/19/15 4:02 PM as a reply to Ali.
You have appreciated this forum but looks like you have not searched for your question well enough. Exact same query ofcourse would not be available but you will get more clarity on your doubts.

Ans to your entry question is Yes but it would not suffice the working visa conditions.

Check for the Long Term Visa Requirement, its written.

All the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/15 4:08 PM as a reply to M S.
Thanks for the reply infomatiker. I think I wasn't clear enough with my querry:

Assuming I get the Blue Card in the next 4 weeks (which is prior to my departure date from here), do I still need to get the Long Term Visa to fulfill working conditions or can I enter based on the business visa and work there based on the already acquired Blue Card?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/15 9:18 AM as a reply to Ali.
Assuming you have a blue card prior to your date of departure then the Blue Card is the "only" visa that would be considered and your Business Visa would be invalid.

You will do everything with the Blue Card : Entering, Living and Working. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/15 9:25 AM as a reply to Ali.
@blahfactory

Congratulations on your new job, Berlin is a fantastic place to start in Germany.

Unfortunately, you cannot work on your Business Visa in Germany. Please ask for an official job contract from your employer, plus a letter supporting your accomodation during the first month of stay, your ORIGINAL degrees and certificates, your Resume, fill up a form for long term visa. You will be interviewed and IF successful, you will be issued a 90 days single entry visa for Germany. Once you are in Germany, you can convert this temporary visa to the Blue Card, offcourse for that you still need to fulfill some conditions.

A friendly advice, PLEASE DO NOT RESIGN FROM YOUR CURRENT POSITION, UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU GET VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT!

Good luck and we are looking forward to welcome you in Germany!

Best regards,
Raj++

P.S: this is not a legal advice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/15 9:31 AM as a reply to R V.
Thanks guys! Think I've gotten clarity now.

Raj, I'm already an employee of the same company (heading the PK business and moving to head a global function emoticon) so it's pretty much an internal move. Thanks for the friendly advice though! emoticon

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18