Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa_Delhi Consulate_German Embassy_Sharing Experience

Toggle
Dear All,

Since this forum has helped me a lot preparing my wife's application for sopuse Visa, I would like to share my experience, may be it will help others like me.

So, as it goes with timings-
1. We got married November end 2014 and got our marriage registered at local registrar office (U.P) on 11th of December with all the necessary documents required to submit there.
2. Appeared for a visa appointment at Delhi Consulate on 15th December. Everything was in order, all the documents as mentioned on the Embassy website for North Indian applicants. Visa officer took everything without asking much questions and pasted slips on few documents (Marriage certificate, Birth certificate, 12th marksheet) stating that further verification will be needed.
3. On January 3rd and 4th, verification officer visited both of our houses and inquired about every little thing possible related to marriage & other (when, where, how, photos, honeymoon tickets-reservation-photos, ration card, aadhar card, neighbors etc..). I would suggest to keep them handy with you.
4. Coming to Germany I cntacted local ABH office asking if application has arrived, she said yes and needs 2 weeks of time to process bacause of backlog during christmas and new year vacation.
5. January 21st I called again and the officer told me what was needed more to submit (Job, bank, rent details). I forwarded them all on 21st itslef via email.
6. 29th Jan she replied back saying everything is fine and just is waiting for my PR decision (I had applied for it in November).
7. 3rd February I got my PR and forwarded it.
8. 4th feb my wife got an email to submit the passport.
9. She submited it on 5th and got the visa stamped without and problem

So, everythign went smooth and we got the Visa in less than 8 weeks including Christmas and new year break. Even we were surprised and were not at all prepared. But happy for sure to be together again so soon. The key is to have all the documents ready before you apply for the visa. Even if a single document is misisng they wont submit your application at consulate.

Once again, thansk to all for sharing your experiences in previous posts, it really helped us to make our application thorough. 

All the best to all who are in the process!

Regards
Punit
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse Visa_Delhi Consulate_German Embassy_Sharing Experience
Answer
3/16/15 1:51 PM as a reply to Punit kumar.
Hello Punit,

Though i am very late to reply on this post, but congrats for getting the visa process smoothly done.
I am planning to apply for my wife's visa next month by new delhi consulate. I have some questions,may be you can hep me with that:
1. Does any kind of Cover letter or invite letter is needed from myside?
2. Does my wife needto have a travel insrance prior to visa interview, if yes for how many days?
3. Is it mandatory to have my address in india, on my wife's passport?

Thanks in advance for the info
Regards
Harsh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7