Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ?

Toggle
EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 7/17/09 8:12 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? raul k 7/17/09 8:57 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Damon Clark 8/6/09 4:15 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? kan do 8/9/09 9:30 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 8/11/09 2:57 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Akshay Khanna 8/11/09 3:04 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? nasir rahim 8/11/09 3:17 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 8/11/09 4:51 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Akshay Khanna 8/11/09 6:48 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? raul k 8/13/09 4:10 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? NoBody 8/14/09 1:13 AM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 9/4/09 2:53 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? R V 9/4/09 5:04 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Anshuman Malaviya 9/5/09 7:39 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? kan do 9/8/09 9:47 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Max max 9/9/09 11:30 AM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Anshuman Malaviya 9/10/09 12:26 AM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 9/10/09 1:00 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 9/10/09 1:02 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Rajesh Krishnadoss 9/10/09 1:28 PM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Anshuman Malaviya 9/13/09 2:57 AM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Harprit Singh 9/16/09 3:21 AM
Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Rajesh Krishnadoss 9/16/09 3:33 AM
RE: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Subramanyan Uppi Gowda 8/8/13 12:50 PM
RE: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ? Subramanyan Uppi Gowda 8/19/13 11:35 AM
EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ?
Answer
7/17/09 8:12 PM
Hi guys,

I think a lot of us us who have applied for the Einbuergerung would want to know (anxiety, impatience, call it whatever..) how long it took the ones who got it to get their Einbuergerung. From the time of application until they were informed to come collect their Einbuergerungsurkunde.

Any care to share?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ?
Answer
7/17/09 8:57 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Yes it is really great idea!
I would suggest this format.

Time it took:
Time told at the time of application:
City:
Applied under which rule (6, 7 or 8 years rule):
If any delay causing factors were involved in your case:
Time taken in cancelation of old citizenship and your country (optional):

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/09 4:15 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
8 Years would be a long time, imagine yourself waiting for that long and then getting a letter stating that you are being denied. Seems to me as if the process takes too long.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/09 9:30 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
That'll be very interesting to know which state takes how long to process these applications.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 2:57 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
C'mon guys - please share your experiences for the sake of others who have or are planning to apply for Einbuergerung. Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 3:04 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@buntyji

Whats the f****** rush??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 3:17 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@Akshay
Whats the f****** contribution??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 4:51 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@Akshay

There is no rush but keeping in mind that it isn't a small thing losing your current nationality and gaining the German one, why is it not obvious to you that there are many out there who do eagerly await their decision. And a lot of people awaiting their decision would naturally become anxious and would want to know how long they need to wait. I am presuming that either you never were anxious or have forgotten the anxiety.

Since the people at the amt do not give you any information, the idea to start this thread was just to give people some indicaton on how long it takes based on their own experiences in different parts of Germany.

Isn't sharing experiences and making contributions to such things one of the main reason people come to this forum?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/11/09 6:48 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@buntyji

If you would just take some trouble to search the forum, you would know that everyone who got their Einbuergerung has also answered how long it took and from which place they applied.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/09 4:10 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
It is an excelled idea by “buntyji” to have a special threat on this topic. He is not the only one need this information?
To search the forum for this information is not some trouble but lot of trouble.
Many new visitors will also be benefited from this threat in future.

Surely we should also share the experiences of other people we heard.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/14/09 1:13 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
If you want to know how long it takes, taking in account that every city and every State has its own procedures, just call your local Einbürgerungsamt and ask them how long it normally takes *for them* and they'll let you know.
I got a friend for whom it took 2 weeks, the Eibürgerungsamt Lichtenberg in Berlin told me when I submitted mine that they have been requested to process everything in max 6 months, for some I know in Berlin it took 2 months, so just call them and ask.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/09 2:53 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Hi Everybody,

I got a letter today that I can pickup my Einbuergerungurkunde next week. I applied on the 25th of April so it took me approx 4 months. Applied in Cologne based on 8 yr stay in Germany.

Thanks and all the best to the ones who have applied and waiting.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/09 5:04 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
congrats dude!!!!!!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/09 7:39 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Hi all,

i got my EB Urkunde last week and have now applied for the Ausweis and German RP after surrendering my indian passport. once I get the german passport in hand, I need to figure out if I need to apply for indian tourist visa in advance and apply for oci in parallel.

Time it took: 1 Year

Time told at the time of application: 3-6 months

City: Frankfurt am Main

Applied under which rule: 7 years

If any delay causing factors were involved in your case: My Birth Certificate had to be re-issued since my first name was not clear in the earlier certificate. It took approx. 1 month for me.

Time taken in cancelation of old citizenship and your country (optional): Didnt take any time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 9:47 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@buntyji

Congratulations!!

Can you please elaborate as did "anshuman1234"? I am curious to know as I have applied too in Cologne(Kalk office) a week ago.

How long did submitting your old Reisepass take? Where did you submit it?

@anshuman1234

What do you mean by submitting your old Reisepass didn't take any time? did the EB Amt take it from you and in return give you German Urkunde?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/09 11:30 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Anyone know how much time it take in region Osnabrück?
Im waiting for my test result that they tell to send me in 4 weeks and then i will apply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/09 12:26 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@Rohith: Yes the EB Amt took my passport and handed over the Urkunde. They attested a set of photocopy of the indian passport and gave it back to me with a statement that the indian passport has been surrendered and it will be handed over to the indian mission.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/09 1:00 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Hi Guys,

I will go pickup the Urkunde next week on Wednesday and will post to share the procedure. Right now I am curious about two things :

1. How long does it take to get your ausweis and passport after you are handed the Urkunde.

2. There is an express passport service available for extra money which only takes 4-5 working days but can you use that service if you are applying for a passport for the FIRST time ? And to avail of this service, you have to present the Ausweis which will take time to come.

The reason I am curious/worried about this is because due to my job, I fly out of Germany once a week and I don't think I can leave the country/Schengen with just the Urkunde to show to the immigration.

Any input is highly appreciated as always..Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/09 1:02 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
@anshuman1234

Congrats on getting your citizenship.

As you can read above, I am to pickup my Urkunde next week and have a question :

Do you need to carry a photocopy of your passport with you or they will photocopy it? I presume, you need carry it with you. Also, is it just the first and last page or I should photocopy ALL pages of the passport?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/09 1:28 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
>>Do you need to carry a photocopy of your passport with you or they will photocopy it? I presume, you need carry it with you. Also, is it just the first and last page or I should photocopy ALL pages of the passport?

Better make softcopies of the complete passport beforehand. You never know when you need it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/13/09 2:57 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
For the EB Amt you just need to take along the main pages of your passport (dont copy the visa pages or the blank pages). They will attest the copy and give it back to you as a proof that your passport has been surrendered.

Please scan all the pages of your passport and keep a soft copy with you. If you will apply for oci, you would need a copy anyway.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/09 3:21 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Thanks Raj, Anshu

Has anybody gotten the OCI card ? As per my understanding, in order for you to get OCI, you need to be citizen of a country which allows dual nationality, for example the UK. Since Germany does not allow dual nationality, you can only get a PIO card instead of the OCI.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/09 3:33 AM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
Your are mistaken. I know of a no of people with OCI including me.

Visit

http://cgifrankfurt.de/

and click on OCI at the top of the page.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ?
Answer
8/8/13 12:50 PM as a reply to Harprit Singh.
In Erfurt it takes at least 2 years to get citizenship from the date of application.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EINBUERGERUNG - TIME IT TOOK ?
Answer
8/19/13 11:35 AM as a reply to Subramanyan Uppi Gowda.
What is this Hochschulzugangsberechtigung?  The Standesamt requires this in order to process my Citizenship application.  I think it is my 12th certificate but I am not very sure.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott