Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Job offer-advice
Respuesta
6/06/09 17:13
I am working in Germany with limited contract (have a BE visa) and now got a offer from a big company in India in the
embedded (software development/testing etc.) field. At the same time I got another offer from a consulting company in Germany
working for big customers (pure software testing-informatik). 1)Since I am not aware of consulting companies in Germany How
safe is working for a consulting company at this situation (because of crisis,work related issues etc. with these companies)?
2) career wise which is the best offer? please advice Thank you
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Job offer-advice
Respuesta
8/06/09 15:46 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
In this current economic situation you should go ahead with the offer from Indian company which is better for your career and also job security.
It is high risk working with a consulting company here as one can expect termination anytime and these guys don't care if you have family,kids or anything and living in Germany without a job even for a single day is horrible.
Now Indian companies offer good pay package and one can save almost same what we can save here after paying the tax,insurance,expenses etc.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/06/09 19:20 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
LOL Banana Republic of India.Its only India where a remote operated Prime Minister can be reelected again by slave population Italian waitress.And Its only India where people can happly accept terrorism as a part of their daily life.
I would say before money and job security ,life come first atleast you are more safe here than in India unless you are living is some remote village there.

Or you can also say like other Indians ---> our share market is booming who cares about terrorism all have to die one day.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/06/09 20:08 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
This has nothing to do with politics or terrorism,its a question of his career and job prospects.
She is wife of a Indian and living there and being a Indian citizen people like you still call her Italian waitress so you should expect the same even if a Indian gets a German pass he will always be called Auslander or scheiße Inder and there are worse words which Germans use better not to write here and then you call it Racism.
Also terrorism is a global problem which exist everywhere and India is as safe as living in Germany so don't compare it with Iraq,Somalia or Pakistan if you never lived in India.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/06/09 21:08 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
hi raj and deathnic
Thank you for your advice. Raj did you come across people working for consulting companies who had bad exp. or you are talking in general
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/06/09 1:44 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
Hi,
As always every decision changes from person to person. One buys VW , other BMW and others Porsche. Also one buys third hand, other second hand and other 1st hand.(why comparison about cars?, bcoz currenly I am looking for a second hand car. haha)

Here is my advice for your 1st question.

I have some personal experience with both consulting & normal companies.

As you said, you have BE and I consider you are probably going to get a Fulltime employee contract @consulting company.

Here is my comparison of consulting & normal companies (in Germany)

1. Both contracts are similar. You should read carefully what is written in any of them ex: cancellation terms, pay, bonus, travel allowance,% of travel etc..
2.Mostly( sometime always) more travel and work @consulting company than the other.
3.Usually more money @consulting company
4.More job risk @consulting company than normal company.
5.More learning @consulting than the normal one.
6.Better know how of how the actual business runs @consulting than the other
7.More workload @consulting than normal one. Also more freedom than the normal (depends on situations)
8.More opportunities @consulting than the other.
9.Not usually team leading positions, decision making @consulting(depends also type of your work)
10.Bachelor may feel much comfortable than a married person @consulting company.

And about Indian company, I really can not give you advice as I haven't worked in India.

In above all, your satisfaction, priorities but not least motivation are important than any other.
You probably know it already, I haven't answered your second question. Simple answer to your question is "it depends, what you think your career is".

All the best,
-Jelda
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
9/06/09 11:39 en respuesta a kamal kamal.
Even though the effects of economic recession and outsourcing are felt, in general, in every field, the extent of the effects on an individual could be very subjective. If you are really qualified (not talking about paper certificates) to do the job and you have soft skills too, then your job could be more "safe" in your field of expertise (career) irrespective of the employer.

If you feel comfortable working in an Indian evironment, be it in India or elsewhere, then take the job. If you want to venture out into the field of consultancy you should have strong confidence in your skill-set and you should be able to sell yourself proactively.

If you are looking for just the job security then you could be well off with the Indian company. But if you are looking for making an international career and if you have that sort of motivation and skills then the "recession" or "job safety" should not weigh in too much
in making the choice. (I do not know your family situation, which again plays some role in decision making)

In general, German consultancy companies do follow business ethics in hiring and firing the consultants.

Goood luck.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18