Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Visa status and bureacratic things after marriage

Toggle
Dear All ,

First of all thanks for the help and credible information that guys been sharing.

We are planning to get married by the end of this year. I am an Indian citizen on §18 residence permit for the last 2.5 years and my fiancee is a German citizen, who is a student at the moment.

I am preparing for the necessary things to be taken care and I am not sure what happens to my residence permit after we get married. I read that first for the first year, non-eu spouses are given 1 year residence permit for the next 3 years and later eligible for citizenship.

Could you please suggest what happens after marriage in the sense to my visa and then necessary documentation to be care of.

Many thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa status and bureacratic things after marriage
Answer
10/21/11 8:06 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
after marriage, you get a visa for 3 years(Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet) and you are eligible for citizenship after that time period. You just have to register yourself as married in the anmeldeamt/bürgeramt and then visit your foreign office for changing the visa status.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/11 10:53 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hello Ara,
Well I suppose you have been living in Germany and working here for the last two months. This marriage thing is certainly a good thing on your tax class (from I to III) but you better think twice and probably as well make up your mind to as where you would like to spend your late life, retirement. India or Germany? will your wife follow you yes or no, how will you deal with the kids if any? you are working and will soon get the permanence residency or even the citizenship. You have many nice indian friends on this site and it would be advisable to talk to them, get their feedback and opinion and frankly, why rush into a marriage?

There are different nice but as well very sad stories about marriages

You have certainly though about a lot, take some more time to speak to your countrymates here.

Good luck whatever is your decision

Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/29/11 12:37 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
I am slightly confused, is it that easy to get married in germany? if so, one can get 3 years visa even though German partner is unemployed during the time of marriage?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott