Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

For Sale - Zu Verkaufen!

2nd Car Insurance (als Zweitwagen)

Toggle
2nd Car Insurance (als Zweitwagen)
Answer
7/24/07 12:51 PM
Hi All,

I got an interesting offer from my neighbour for his 9 years old car. While discussing other facts and figures about the car, we came to Car Insurance topic (Kfz Versicherung -Teilkasko).

I said, as this would be mine first car, insurance may cost around 200%. To this aspect, he said he would do a favour to me, that is, he can register the car as his 2nd car (cost insurance 80%)for two drivers (me and himself).

I dont know what are pros & Cons of doing like this (Pro - registering my car as his second car will save insurance costs). what are cons in this method?

Is I am anyway negatively effected in any furture unknown incidents??? Please do share ur opinions.

thanks in advance

regards
vsk
0 (0 Votes)

Re: 2nd Car Insurance (als Zweitwagen)
Answer
7/24/07 4:53 PM as a reply to s v.
@vsls17

I guess you are still on Probezeit and during the Probezeit they usually insure you for around 240% :-) , it is best for you to go for this offer and pay only 80%. After 2 years when you finish your Probezeit you can register the car in your own name and pay around 120% for insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/07 5:23 PM as a reply to s v.
@ Akshay

Thanks for reply. I have completed probezeit, as I got my German driving license in begininng of 2005 i.e. more than two years. In these more than two years I have rented car many times.

It would be nice if u could throw some light on any risks I could have by having the car insurance in the name of other person (neighbour).

And one more thing, is this driving experience (Zweitwagen option as above mentioned) counted for later time when I will register this car as 1st car only on my name.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/24/07 6:03 PM as a reply to s v.
@vsls17

Don't worry too much about the risks involved, usually if anything happens to the car or by the car the registered person takes the fall.

The only risk I see is, him going to the police and making a complaint that he is the registered owner of the car and for some strange reasons his ausländer neighbour is claiming to be the owner :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott