Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent VISA with ABH office

Toggle
Dependent VISA with ABH office
Answer
1/30/15 9:22 AM
It has been 13 weeks + since the verification of the VISA of my dependents was started (27th Oct 2014).
Last I had an email conversation with the ABH on 23rd Jan 2015 where I was asked to share the Hotel booking for the place I will stay which I did.

It is 30th Jan today and they have not replied back to my mail and provided any status update.
I did mail them asking if they need any further information (27th Jan) and today for the status of the VISA (30th Jan).

As per India embassy the decision hasn't reached them yet.

I am will be really thankful if someone can guide me what can I do here.
I have their number but no one picks up. I have been trying since yesterday.

My VISA (WP) is still valid (I am still in India) but my plans have got on hold due to this.
Please help.

Also, I have no one who can call them on my behalf. This is an IT company and they will not personally follow on my case. :-(
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Dependent VISA with ABH office
Answer
1/30/15 4:45 PM as a reply to Isha.
hire a lawyer and you will get a lightening response via whatsapp, phone call, twitter, instagram, email, post etc.

or request your German speaking colleague to enquire
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/15 8:13 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
hire a lawyer and you will get a lightening response via whatsapp, phone call, twitter, instagram, email, post etc.

Thanks cebit for the reply. Atleast helped me to vent my frustration.

I wish I had the guts to hire a lawyer.
I think five times before dropping a mail to ABH, praying that he won't be offended by followup mails.
But luckily, my ABH doesn't seem to care at all.

I have asked my HR in Germany to connect with my ABH but she is also not able to get hold of him.

It has been 19 week since VISA application and 14 weeks since verification started. It's sad that the ABH is not even bothered. I am working in a big IT firm for last 8 years. Why will I have fake spouse and daughter enlisted for last 5 years and 10 months respectively and ask for their VISA.
Sad to see such state of logic.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/15 9:10 AM as a reply to Isha.
isha_me:
cebit:

You dont need guts to hire a lawyer. You need guts to commit nuisance. Family reunification is your right. You can question the officials. Strong cover letter in German quoting the relevant laws and asking for reply, will bring the entire ABH team on their knees.

I think five times before dropping a mail to ABH, praying that he won't be offended by followup mails.

You are a tax payer in this country. You have every right to ask them and they are obliged to reply.

I have asked my HR in Germany to connect with my ABH but she is also not able to get hold of him.

It has been 19 week since VISA application and 14 weeks since verification started. It's sad that the ABH is not even bothered. I am working in a big IT firm for last 8 years. Why will I have fake spouse and daughter enlisted for last 5 years and 10 months respectively and ask for their VISA.

more than 12 years ago, spouse visa was issued based on showing the marriage certificate on the same day itself.  Those were the "ache din".

Later the German civil officials realised that certificates issued in India cannot be taken at face value and hence further investigations for genuineness were needed. They have zero tolerance for frauds. The same law has to apply to all visa applicants. 

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/15 11:21 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
isha_me:
cebit:

You dont need guts to hire a lawyer. You need guts to commit nuisance. Family reunification is your right. You can question the officials. Strong cover letter in German quoting the relevant laws and asking for reply, will bring the entire ABH team on their knees.

You are a tax payer in this country. You have every right to ask them and they are obliged to reply.

more than 12 years ago, spouse visa was issued based on showing the marriage certificate on the same day itself.  Those were the "ache din".

Later the German civil officials realised that certificates issued in India cannot be taken at face value and hence further investigations for genuineness were needed. They have zero tolerance for frauds. The same law has to apply to all visa applicants. 

Yes Cebit, I understand the reason for all this verification and sadly we Indians are the reason for it.
I just wish that there was a person who could update us or a site where we could see the status and know what is happening.

I was lucky enough to get the email id of the ABH and today after trying for many days was able to reach my ABH. He said he has received all the documents and will talk to his chief today and send a reply to Indian Embassy. I asked him again that he will talk "today". He said "Yes".

So, I see a small light and I am wishing that the dark tunnel has ended and it's not a mirage.

Thanks Cebit once again.
Just talking to you made me followup today till the ABH talked to me ( I was asked to call after half an hr then after an hr and then I was kept on hold atleast 10 times but I did not give up).
Fingers crossed :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/15 10:15 AM as a reply to Isha.
The VISA approval mail came today for all three of us.
Thanks to all the members especially cebit for the support provided during this 6 months long journey.

All the best of others who are going through the struggle.
I know it's very tough but there is light at the end of the tunnel :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott