Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visas for Married US & German

Toggle
Visas for Married US & German
Answer
10/27/10 8:09 PM
Hello

I currently live in Wiesbaden and have a SOFA Visas but this doesn't allow me to work in Germany on the German side. I'm looking for a job now and it will most likely be depending on how long it will take me to get my Immigration Visas.

I live in Wiesbaden and am Married to a German, we married in Wiesbaden. So my questions are:

1. How long does it take to get a Immigration Visas?
2. Is thier a way to expedite the process?
3. Is it possible to get a Immigration visas while having a SOFA?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visas for Married US & German
Answer
10/27/10 10:27 PM as a reply to S G.
http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showforum=286
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/10 12:18 AM as a reply to S G.
Thanks for the quick response but thier was nothing thier to answer the questions above!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/10 11:52 AM as a reply to S G.
It was implicitly meant to open a forum message in the above mentioned website. In this forum we are basically IT professionals and have nothing to do with SOFA etc..

1. How long does it take to get a Immigration Visas?
If you are married to a german national, you straightaway get a visa to work and live as long as your marriage papers are in order

2. Is thier a way to expedite the process?

Where did u get married. That may have an influence in how soon your papers gets processed.

3. Is it possible to get a Immigration visas while having a SOFA?

Answer to this is best asked in the other forum
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/28/10 2:58 PM as a reply to S G.
Okay now I'm tracking you. I will ask about the SOFA bit on the other site but you answered what I was looking for.

Basically the reason for this post, was I applied to a job that if I get an interview the question will come up. (How long will it take to get my papers in order to work?) The work permit will be done by them so I'm not worried about that, I was just concern that the visas might take a long time to get thus not getting the job. To answer your question I will be applying for the visas in the same city that I got married in.

Sorry two more questions if don't mind:

1. I was hoping to tell them at the interview that it will take two weeks to get all the paperwork in order.
Do you think that is underestimating the time?
2. I read another post on this site that it was advisable to get an Immigration lawyer to assist in the process when dealing with Wiesbaden office. Is it really necessary to get a lawyer for this?

Thanks Again
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18