Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

family reunion visa and short visa both rejected

Toggle
Hi,
My daughter applied for a family reunion visa to Germany in october 2014. My son in-law is currently doing his master thesis in DLR MUNICH. But unfortunately her visa was rejected saying that her husband can't bear all the expenses though in the application we mentioned that my daughter will be bearing all the expenses.
We were still optimistic and applied for a short term visa in January since my son in laws thesis will finish in April, stating the purpose of visit is to visit him.later she was called for an interview on 23rd of January.
In the interview the visa officer asked if he would stay there, my daughter said that he is still a student so we don't yet where he would get a job.
After 2 days we got a refusal letter saying that her intentions to leave schengen states before visa expiry could not be ascertained.
What should be our next step now?
When she applies for family reunion after he gets a job be effected because of previous refusals?
Kindly help.
Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: family reunion visa and short visa both rejected
Answer
1/28/15 11:30 AM as a reply to sharada viswanatha.
Hi,

sorry to hear about your ordeal. Usually inviting a spouse to Germany on family reunion visa as an enrolled student is a tough task, the only positive thing could have been that your son-in law can show approximately 10,000. euros in his account and then make an official invitation from Germany (Verpflichtungserklärung) which should be submitted in ORIGINAL alongwith other documents of visa application.

In your case,

1- you have the right to appeal and as supporting documents you can ask your son-in law to complete the above-mentioned formalities, which should be submitted to the German embassy alongwith your appeal. Additionally, as parents you can submit your bank statements and an officially notarized undertaking, clearly mentioning that all the costs will be beared by the parents and the girl will return to India before the expiry of the allowed stay in Germany.

2- I personally will recommend that allow your son-in law to finish his studies, let him find a job and an apartment, apply for Verpflichtungserklärung, before filing your next family reunion visa application. The earlier rejection will have no effect on your visa application.

I wish you good luck and keep us posted.

Best regards,
Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3