Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Getting German Citizenship and Staying in India

Toggle
Hi,

I am planning to apply for the German citizenship in next few weeks. I would like to know whether i alone can apply for the German citizenship and my wife and children still have the Indian Citizenship. Because in few years,am planning to return to India and my children can study in India as an normal Indian citizen. Whether they will be any problem in the future if i have a German citizenship and my wife and children is having Indian Citizenship.

Whether with German citizenship, can i work in India. What will happen to my Social Security in Germany that i have paid till now if i stay in India for the rest of my life after getting German citizenship.

Whether can i still have the medical benefits in Germany in the case of health issues while am staying in India and working there.Whether i need to pay Health insurances in Germany to enjoy the benefits once i return to India.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Getting German Citizenship and Staying in India
Answer
5/20/15 12:05 AM as a reply to Vishal Gupta.
You can live in any country in the world with German citizenship, like you do as in Indian in Germany (vice versa)

But until you get German citizenship, your residence permit must be valid and you should prove an income. After the passport, you can do everything you want.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/15 10:02 AM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Yes.

For getting health/other benefits in germany, i think you have to be resident here and you have to have job or if your health condition is not good and you are dependent on arbeitsamt then you will have the benefits in germany. If you go back to india, i do not think you will have any benefit from india other than finding a job and coming back to germany once again without any work permit hassles or migration to other countries with ease.

Other members, pl. correct me if i am wrong.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/15 7:47 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
basbrem:
Yes.

For getting health/other benefits in germany, i think you have to be resident here and you have to have job or if your health condition is not good and you are dependent on arbeitsamt then you will have the benefits in germany. If you go back to india, i do not think you will have any benefit from india other than finding a job and coming back to germany once again without any work permit hassles or migration to other countries with ease.

Other members, pl. correct me if i am wrong.

BR
Basbrem

Agree, Arbeitsamt won't pay unemployment benefit if you are living outside of Gernany, no matter if you are German citizen or not.

You can pay social / pension contributions based on the agreement between Germany and your origin country.

If you have a contract done in Germany but work in India, there is no problem.

There are too many details and corner cases here, so I propose to go to Arbeitsamt and eventually to Deutsche Rentenversicherung to get more information.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott