Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung: My Story

Answer
2/11/10 4:16 PM
I recently became a German citizen. Here is my story:

I came to Germany as a programmer in September 2000. Since then, I have moved between cities and states in Germany and also switched a few employers. At the same time, I have had my visa change from an employer specific work-permit to an open one. Eventually I got NE after completing my 5 year stay in Germany.

I started this process of naturalization quite late, i.e. after 9 years of stay here, though I could have kicked it off after 8 years. One of the reasons why I did not do it in time was because I started with a new job around that time and was travelling a lot. In fact, after travelling a lot, it dawned upon me that Visa-free travel was indeed a boon, if one had access to it.

After having done my homework and after consulting my caseworker, we started the process of satisfying the requirements for naturalization. My wife and I both took the TELC B1 test and cleared it. Later we both took the EB Test and cleared it too.

We submitted the application for my family, including my 2-year-old daughter, on September 3 2009. There was only one document missing and that was my wife’s birth certificate. Though we had one made out from the Consulate, this was not accepted by the caseworker because it simply reiterated the data that was available on her passport. The caseworker was expecting to see a birth certificate in the right format. This is was the only hiccup; otherwise submission was done without the above document and was accepted.

After a wait of 5 months, on February 3 2010, we were informed about EB Amt’s decision to accept us into German Union. We were asked to collect our certificates ASAP and so we did on February 10. 2010, after taking an appointment with the caseworker in the local Bürgeramt. We were asked to deposit our current passports and then we were given the certificate. At the same time, we requested German passports to be made.

All in all, it went very fast and very smoothly. The whole process seems to be very streamlined.

Other details that might interest other prospective applicants:

Location of EB application: Köln
Nationality (Origin): Indian

We now have to get the so-called OCI Cards from the Indian Consulate, which would make our travel to India easier and hassle-free.

Rohith
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung: My Story
Answer
2/11/10 5:32 PM as a reply to kan do.
Congrats. This is good news and I am happy for you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 11:21 AM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Rohith,

Congratulations! I'm new here in Köln and looking for friends. It would be nice if we(families) could meet.

I have searched on the net for INDIAN communities in Köln but havent found much. It would be nice if we can stay in touch.

Okay, that doesnt mean that I'm not open to friends from other nationalities..I do have local and other friends.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 11:34 AM as a reply to kan do.
@nomad13

Welcome to Cologne, I hope you'll feel at home here.

We can definitely meet, drop me a mail rohith DOT ajjampur AT gmail DOT com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 12:05 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Shanks

Thanks a lot for your heartfelt wishes. Have a nice weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/10 1:23 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Rohith,

Can you please let me know when did u recieve your first ever letter(ack) or some form of communication from the beante's office. I have applied on Jan 19th and havent heard from them so far. I am expecting some kind of a acknowledgment letter stating that I have already applied.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/10 3:50 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Shanks,

When I submitted my application, the caseworker told me that she was very much busy and would send me an ACK in 2 days time. Though, she took a little more than 2 days to send me that letter. Ideally, one should get an ACK letter from the caseworker ASAP, in most cases, in a week's time.

But, rest assured if there is anything they think is missing or required to process your application further, they would definitely get back to you.

I personally feel pestering them is not a good idea. I suggest you to send them a letter requesting your file number, to start with. This is only for your reference, if you want to interact with them anytime in future.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/10 3:48 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

Thanks for your reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/10 2:10 PM as a reply to kan do.
Rohith

Can u tell me is there anything to be done except surrending Indian passport to ABH from our side?

I mean do we need to deregister/inform at the indian embassy or something like that?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/10 8:27 PM as a reply to kan do.
@deathinc

You do not have to do anything other than surrendering your passports at the local Bürgeramt. There is supposedly a provision in Indian Citizenship Act which automatically voids Indian citizenship as soon as you take another one. That's the reason why your caseworker would collect it from you before handing out the Urkunde.

If you plan to avail the so-called OCI (http://mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553) facility, you will have to complete the process by applying for it at the nearest Indian Consulate. Otherwise you will have to have a valid visa to travel to India every time.
0 (0 Votes)

Einbürgerung_some doubts
Answer
2/19/10 5:59 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hello all,
I wanted to apply for Einbürgerung now as i have completed 8 yrs in germany. I went to the standamt and asked whether i am eligible now for applying. She said that I could apply now, but before that I should have the test results of "Einbürgerungtest". I have register for the test (in march) already but it seems that it will take nearly 6 weeks to get the results for the test. Now my question is should I wait till the test results comes or I can file the application parallely for the Einbürgerung?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/10 6:57 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Somebody

In many towns/cities EB applications are accepted by caseworkers with or without a few required documents, such as EB Test results or B1 results.

But when you have already been told to submit your application as complete docket, you should wait until results come out and take them along with you.

Of course, at your caseworker's discretion, you can still apply, now that you know that you will take the test soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/10 1:48 AM as a reply to kan do.
@ Rohit

Thanks for your info. I think i will wait till i get my EB test results.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/10 2:22 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi all,
Today I filled the Application form for Einbürgerung. I have come across the columns regrading the property/loans I have.

1.Do i need to mention the properties i have in India ( plot, appartment, some policies with LIC,Bajaj and some saving in national bank) or i have to mention the things / loans i own in Germany?

2. Do i need to have some verification seal/translation of my marraiage and birth certificate? Because many times this makes problem and delays the process.

3. My kid is now 2 and half yr old. Can i also apply einbürgerung for them along with me? ( they born in india).

I would be tankful, if anyone could clarify my doubts and share your experience..so that the process can go smooth.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/10 11:51 AM as a reply to kan do.
@Somebody

- You have to show all your assets and liabilities in Germany on the application. The one's in India don't really matter.

- You have to have every single document issued in India (even though some of them have english content) translated from a certified translator and get it attested by a notary. They call this 'Beglaubigung'. If you ask any translating company to get a translation with notarization, they know what you need.

- You can (and would be good if you do) apply for EB for your wife and your children. The only prerequisite for them is, spouse should be here with you for at least 4 years and children should be living in Germany for at least half their age.

Best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/10 10:07 PM as a reply to kan do.
Heartiest Congratulation once again !!!

How much time it takes for OCI card ?

SunLid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/10 7:20 PM as a reply to kan do.
@SunLid

Officially Indian Consulate says OCI can take up to 6 weeks, but it usually takes less than 3 weeks. You can track it's progress online, here: https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/23/10 11:36 PM as a reply to kan do.
just want to take this opportunity to share my experience of applying GC with those who want to do it in the near future in frankfurt am main area.
first of all, if you studied here and got diploma or
high degree, sorry i have nothing to tell since i don't fall in the category. however, i am pretty sure you shouldn't have any problem to get GC, just matter of time.
Besides the situation mentioned above, you need to fulfill the following requirements in order to get GC.

1. you've been staying in germany more than 8 years (including 8 years), you are already entitled as permanent resident.
2. you have a job when you submit your GC application.
3. you have last 3 months salary proof in hand when you submit your GC application.
4. if you are married, you need to submit notarized marriage certificate in german. you need to submit notarized birth certificate in german. you can do it right now if you don't have it in order to save time.
5. you should get pass on Einbürgerungstest.
6. you should get pass on german B1 test.
7. you should fill out all forms received from Standesamt.
8. you will receive a confirmation letter after one month. you will be asked to pay 255 Euro / per person.
9. you will wait exactly months to receive a official letter, you get GC!

btw, officers in Standesamt frankfurt are very very nice and friendly. Good luck guys.

mmtt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/10 12:47 AM as a reply to kan do.
@mmtt

I guess by GC you actually mean Einbürgerung (Naturalization)?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/10 1:24 AM as a reply to kan do.
yes, i meant german citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124