Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Einbürgerung: My Story

Toggle
Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/11/10 4:16 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Ravi Shankar 2/11/10 5:32 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Roopashri Rajasekhar 2/12/10 11:21 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/12/10 11:34 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/12/10 12:05 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Ravi Shankar 2/16/10 1:23 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/16/10 3:50 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Ravi Shankar 2/17/10 3:48 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Max max 2/18/10 2:10 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/18/10 8:27 PM
Einbürgerung_some doubts Somebody in earth 2/19/10 5:59 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 2/19/10 6:57 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Somebody in earth 2/20/10 1:48 AM
Einbürgerung: My Story Somebody in earth 5/14/10 2:22 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 5/20/10 11:51 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Sun Little 5/20/10 10:07 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 5/21/10 7:20 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story john tan 5/23/10 11:36 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story R V 5/24/10 12:47 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story john tan 5/24/10 1:24 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story R V 5/24/10 3:40 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Pankaj Rastogi 5/25/10 6:38 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Mac Helix 5/25/10 9:57 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 5/26/10 4:20 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Sun Little 5/30/10 2:27 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story kan do 5/31/10 11:07 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Mr Kermit 8/12/10 4:36 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 10/1/10 4:17 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Faisal Khan 10/5/10 2:15 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story srinivas kasam 10/5/10 6:25 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 10/6/10 7:06 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Jackson Jackal 10/6/10 7:26 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 10/13/10 10:12 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story rahul sharma 10/16/10 8:14 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 10/16/10 9:07 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story rahul sharma 10/17/10 10:32 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story rahul sharma 10/17/10 10:34 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 10/18/10 12:10 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story srinivas kasam 10/18/10 1:03 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Rajesh Krishnadoss 10/18/10 2:10 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story srinivas kasam 10/18/10 11:00 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Senthil Kumar 10/20/10 6:04 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Deb Gupta 10/25/10 1:13 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Faisal Khan 10/25/10 2:01 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story srinivas kasam 10/25/10 5:43 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Super Sid 10/26/10 1:45 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Faisal Khan 10/26/10 3:04 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Rajesh Rawal 10/26/10 5:13 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Super Sid 10/27/10 2:06 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Deb Gupta 10/31/10 10:08 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Rajesh Krishnadoss 11/1/10 6:03 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 11/13/10 9:54 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Mohamed Ghaleb 11/21/10 8:17 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Super Sid 11/21/10 10:16 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story rahul sharma 11/27/10 6:24 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story sridhar kadiyala 11/29/10 5:41 PM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Ramin Razi 7/26/11 2:44 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Super Sid 7/26/11 1:15 PM
RE: Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Bala 8/4/14 10:51 AM
RE: Re: Einbürgerung: My Story Bala 8/4/14 10:53 AM
Re: Einbürgerung: My Story man01 man06 7/27/11 1:51 PM
RE: Re: Einbürgerung: My Story mustafa 8/1/13 3:25 PM
Answer
2/11/10 4:16 PM
I recently became a German citizen. Here is my story:

I came to Germany as a programmer in September 2000. Since then, I have moved between cities and states in Germany and also switched a few employers. At the same time, I have had my visa change from an employer specific work-permit to an open one. Eventually I got NE after completing my 5 year stay in Germany.

I started this process of naturalization quite late, i.e. after 9 years of stay here, though I could have kicked it off after 8 years. One of the reasons why I did not do it in time was because I started with a new job around that time and was travelling a lot. In fact, after travelling a lot, it dawned upon me that Visa-free travel was indeed a boon, if one had access to it.

After having done my homework and after consulting my caseworker, we started the process of satisfying the requirements for naturalization. My wife and I both took the TELC B1 test and cleared it. Later we both took the EB Test and cleared it too.

We submitted the application for my family, including my 2-year-old daughter, on September 3 2009. There was only one document missing and that was my wife’s birth certificate. Though we had one made out from the Consulate, this was not accepted by the caseworker because it simply reiterated the data that was available on her passport. The caseworker was expecting to see a birth certificate in the right format. This is was the only hiccup; otherwise submission was done without the above document and was accepted.

After a wait of 5 months, on February 3 2010, we were informed about EB Amt’s decision to accept us into German Union. We were asked to collect our certificates ASAP and so we did on February 10. 2010, after taking an appointment with the caseworker in the local Bürgeramt. We were asked to deposit our current passports and then we were given the certificate. At the same time, we requested German passports to be made.

All in all, it went very fast and very smoothly. The whole process seems to be very streamlined.

Other details that might interest other prospective applicants:

Location of EB application: Köln
Nationality (Origin): Indian

We now have to get the so-called OCI Cards from the Indian Consulate, which would make our travel to India easier and hassle-free.

Rohith
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Einbürgerung: My Story
Answer
2/11/10 5:32 PM as a reply to kan do.
Congrats. This is good news and I am happy for you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 11:21 AM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Rohith,

Congratulations! I'm new here in Köln and looking for friends. It would be nice if we(families) could meet.

I have searched on the net for INDIAN communities in Köln but havent found much. It would be nice if we can stay in touch.

Okay, that doesnt mean that I'm not open to friends from other nationalities..I do have local and other friends.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 11:34 AM as a reply to kan do.
@nomad13

Welcome to Cologne, I hope you'll feel at home here.

We can definitely meet, drop me a mail rohith DOT ajjampur AT gmail DOT com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/10 12:05 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Shanks

Thanks a lot for your heartfelt wishes. Have a nice weekend.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/10 1:23 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Rohith,

Can you please let me know when did u recieve your first ever letter(ack) or some form of communication from the beante's office. I have applied on Jan 19th and havent heard from them so far. I am expecting some kind of a acknowledgment letter stating that I have already applied.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/10 3:50 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Shanks,

When I submitted my application, the caseworker told me that she was very much busy and would send me an ACK in 2 days time. Though, she took a little more than 2 days to send me that letter. Ideally, one should get an ACK letter from the caseworker ASAP, in most cases, in a week's time.

But, rest assured if there is anything they think is missing or required to process your application further, they would definitely get back to you.

I personally feel pestering them is not a good idea. I suggest you to send them a letter requesting your file number, to start with. This is only for your reference, if you want to interact with them anytime in future.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/10 3:48 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

Thanks for your reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/10 2:10 PM as a reply to kan do.
Rohith

Can u tell me is there anything to be done except surrending Indian passport to ABH from our side?

I mean do we need to deregister/inform at the indian embassy or something like that?

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/10 8:27 PM as a reply to kan do.
@deathinc

You do not have to do anything other than surrendering your passports at the local Bürgeramt. There is supposedly a provision in Indian Citizenship Act which automatically voids Indian citizenship as soon as you take another one. That's the reason why your caseworker would collect it from you before handing out the Urkunde.

If you plan to avail the so-called OCI (http://mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=553) facility, you will have to complete the process by applying for it at the nearest Indian Consulate. Otherwise you will have to have a valid visa to travel to India every time.
0 (0 Votes)

Einbürgerung_some doubts
Answer
2/19/10 5:59 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hello all,
I wanted to apply for Einbürgerung now as i have completed 8 yrs in germany. I went to the standamt and asked whether i am eligible now for applying. She said that I could apply now, but before that I should have the test results of "Einbürgerungtest". I have register for the test (in march) already but it seems that it will take nearly 6 weeks to get the results for the test. Now my question is should I wait till the test results comes or I can file the application parallely for the Einbürgerung?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/10 6:57 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Somebody

In many towns/cities EB applications are accepted by caseworkers with or without a few required documents, such as EB Test results or B1 results.

But when you have already been told to submit your application as complete docket, you should wait until results come out and take them along with you.

Of course, at your caseworker's discretion, you can still apply, now that you know that you will take the test soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/10 1:48 AM as a reply to kan do.
@ Rohit

Thanks for your info. I think i will wait till i get my EB test results.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/10 2:22 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi all,
Today I filled the Application form for Einbürgerung. I have come across the columns regrading the property/loans I have.

1.Do i need to mention the properties i have in India ( plot, appartment, some policies with LIC,Bajaj and some saving in national bank) or i have to mention the things / loans i own in Germany?

2. Do i need to have some verification seal/translation of my marraiage and birth certificate? Because many times this makes problem and delays the process.

3. My kid is now 2 and half yr old. Can i also apply einbürgerung for them along with me? ( they born in india).

I would be tankful, if anyone could clarify my doubts and share your experience..so that the process can go smooth.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/10 11:51 AM as a reply to kan do.
@Somebody

- You have to show all your assets and liabilities in Germany on the application. The one's in India don't really matter.

- You have to have every single document issued in India (even though some of them have english content) translated from a certified translator and get it attested by a notary. They call this 'Beglaubigung'. If you ask any translating company to get a translation with notarization, they know what you need.

- You can (and would be good if you do) apply for EB for your wife and your children. The only prerequisite for them is, spouse should be here with you for at least 4 years and children should be living in Germany for at least half their age.

Best of luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/20/10 10:07 PM as a reply to kan do.
Heartiest Congratulation once again !!!

How much time it takes for OCI card ?

SunLid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/10 7:20 PM as a reply to kan do.
@SunLid

Officially Indian Consulate says OCI can take up to 6 weeks, but it usually takes less than 3 weeks. You can track it's progress online, here: https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/23/10 11:36 PM as a reply to kan do.
just want to take this opportunity to share my experience of applying GC with those who want to do it in the near future in frankfurt am main area.
first of all, if you studied here and got diploma or
high degree, sorry i have nothing to tell since i don't fall in the category. however, i am pretty sure you shouldn't have any problem to get GC, just matter of time.
Besides the situation mentioned above, you need to fulfill the following requirements in order to get GC.

1. you've been staying in germany more than 8 years (including 8 years), you are already entitled as permanent resident.
2. you have a job when you submit your GC application.
3. you have last 3 months salary proof in hand when you submit your GC application.
4. if you are married, you need to submit notarized marriage certificate in german. you need to submit notarized birth certificate in german. you can do it right now if you don't have it in order to save time.
5. you should get pass on Einbürgerungstest.
6. you should get pass on german B1 test.
7. you should fill out all forms received from Standesamt.
8. you will receive a confirmation letter after one month. you will be asked to pay 255 Euro / per person.
9. you will wait exactly months to receive a official letter, you get GC!

btw, officers in Standesamt frankfurt are very very nice and friendly. Good luck guys.

mmtt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/10 12:47 AM as a reply to kan do.
@mmtt

I guess by GC you actually mean Einbürgerung (Naturalization)?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/10 1:24 AM as a reply to kan do.
yes, i meant german citizenship.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/10 3:40 PM as a reply to kan do.
@mmtt

congratulations dude!!!

btw GC is a term commonly used for Green Card, Good luck with your future endeavors!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/10 6:38 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

TELC B1 -> is it normal B1 test conducted by VHS?
What is EB test ?

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/10 9:57 PM as a reply to kan do.
congrats rohit ;)

one small info for everybody explaining benefit for OCI card - before traveling to India on Indian long term visa on any non Indian passport within 3 months from your last trip, you need to take permission from Indian consulate even you have valid visa pending. New rules to make country safer emoticon check with them emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/10 4:20 PM as a reply to kan do.
@rajeshhuria

Thanks a lot for your wishes.

The rule you are mentioning does not apply to the holders of OCI rather it applies to people who have a long term visitor visa to India. OCI is not the same as a visitor visa, these two are issued under two completely different provisions of the law for aliens.

If you are sure about this rule being applied to OCI holders as well, please provide a link to the official statement from either a Consulate/Embassy or any competent authority in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/10 2:27 PM as a reply to kan do.
@Rohith

There is new rule for OCI to get certificate from the consulate that you have deposited your old passport.

Does it apply only to new OCI application or to everyone ?

Awaiting your reply,

Sunlid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/31/10 11:07 PM as a reply to kan do.
@sunlid

I came to know about this new procedural requirement the last time I visited the website of Indian Embassy in Berlin. This was a week or two ago.

We were not asked to provide this certificate while applying for OCI.I think this has been introduced recently.

But in any case, once you have got your OCI you don't have to do anymore paper-work. If you are applying for one now, you might have to satisfy all the prerequisites. It's better you take Consulate's or Embassy's advice in this matter.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/12/10 4:36 PM as a reply to kan do.
hey dude, nice story, it shows you really fought to obtain it emoticon. I mean changing jobs in between looks very challenging, I'm kind of a chicken I did stay for _years_ in the same company, the fear to lose my visa and my job at the same time was too much.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/10 4:17 PM as a reply to kan do.
@mmtt

I saw that you applied in frankfurt am main. So i guess that falls under the Darmstadt amt. How many months did it take in your case.

I applied all my papers today and the case worker told it will take between 2-3 months.

I live in Neu-Isenburg and came to germany in 2001.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/10 2:15 PM as a reply to kan do.
@xsridhar

Darmstadt is correct. I applied from frankfurt and for me it took 2.5 months.

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/10 6:25 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi to all,

I have some questions regarding the pension payment for German citizens in other country.

1. Suppose a German Citizen spends his/her life in another country (Asia). I think after 65/67 years pension will be deposited in their account in Asia. For this are they need to visit Germany frequently to get their Pension?

2. Is there any Specific time gap for visiting (Germany)?

3. If not how can German Authorities know that this person is still alive?

Thank you
Justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/10 7:06 PM as a reply to kan do.
@fktrust7

Great.Thanks for the info.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/10 7:26 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi All,

I applied in March in Munich, but still no reply. From the day 1 I had all the supporting documents, I called twice in between if the case worker needed any missing info, but said everything is fine.

2 weeks back I went there personally, the caseworker looked into the file and said, all the papers are fine, she forwarded the file to her superior, but she was on vacation. She assured I should be hearing from them very soon.

But until now no news. I applied after 9 years with all documents. This is just to inform that in worst case scenario, it can take more than six months.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/10 10:12 PM as a reply to kan do.
I got my acknowledgement letter today from the neu isenburg amt that my file is now with the Darmstadt authorities.as I posted earlier I applied on October 1st.so 13 days in my case to get the acknowledgement.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/10 8:14 PM as a reply to kan do.
Dear Rohit,

what about the birth certificate of your wife. how did you solve it. please advise.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/10 9:07 PM as a reply to kan do.
Today I got the acknowledgement from the Darmstadt authorities that they forwarded my papers to another amt. I guess this could be the amt in Berlin. So probably have to wait for some time as Berlin processes many applications. Will keep you posted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/10 10:32 PM as a reply to kan do.
i have two questions:

I am from India and my wife has no birth certificate as it was common to use X class certificate. What is the procedure for getting one and if there is another kind of paper or certificate from the consulate that may work or is there any other option.

secondly if we join an integration course, does the completion certificate of this course suffix the requirement of B1?

Please advise....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/10 10:34 PM as a reply to kan do.
Pension:

I am an indian and my wife is applying for German Citizenship. Once she becomes german can I get my pension back as an Indian???
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 12:10 AM as a reply to kan do.
@havehope

re:pension
go to the below faq section and you have your answers

http://trust7faq.wik.is/Pension_%28Rente%29

re:birth certificate

i got one from the indian consulate in frankfurt and my case worker accepted it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 1:03 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hello to all,

Could you(one of you) please explain what is the difference between Einbürgerung and staatsangehörigkeit (Citizenship). Today i went to AB and i asked about Citizenship forms then they gave me Einbürgerung forms.

Thank you
justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 2:10 PM as a reply to kan do.
Dude, how good is your german? Cant you just make an online translation
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 11:00 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi raj,

my German is good, but iam confusing (or i dont know really what it means).

Einburgerung = Citizenship
Staatangehorigkeit = Nationality

So it means even if an Indian applies for citizenship here in Germany his Nationality will not change?
r will it change after few yrs of German citizenship?

Pls reply simple ans only.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/10 6:04 PM as a reply to kan do.
Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular nation by birth or naturalization

Citizenship: The status of a citizen of the given nation with rights and duties
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/10 1:13 PM as a reply to kan do.
I have a question. I have submitted my citizenship application from Düsseldorf on 31st Aug. They said it will take approx 3 months to get the urkunde. Now for unavoidabe reasons I need to change my job. My question is

1. Do I need to inform the behörde about this change ?

2. Will the change delay the entire process ?

3. Is there any way to avoid it ?

Regards

ikkyg
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/10 2:01 PM as a reply to kan do.
1) You must infrom them about this change.
2) Yes, may be before sending the final letter they will ask you to provide last 3 salary slips.
3) Yes, Do not change your job. otherwise answer is No.

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/25/10 5:43 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi,

Presently iam working as an External employee, soonly(in 2011) my client wants to take me as Internal permanent Employee.
qus:
1. If i apply for Einbürgerung in this month, is my Einbürgerung process shall be delayed even if i get a contract without Probation period?

thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/10 1:45 AM as a reply to kan do.
Coming back to the real topic of the thread and telling you my story
------------------------------------

Place of application Munich

1. Came in 2003 and did my masters degree in economics in Berlin. Worked from 2004 to 2006 parallel to my studies in student job paying social security contributions

2. 2006 started by first job in Munich

3. 2008 recieved Niederlassungerlaubnis für Hochqualifizierte (PR for highly qualified) based on my salary and job profile (working as consultant in a well known company)

4. Active in social work in Germany through a German Indian Association(head of organization) and member of Bayerischer Integrationsrat since 2008, 2009 respectively

5. Submitted application for citizenship after 6.5 of staying in Germany with all relevant documents including active voluntary work certificates and recommendation from the company. Language certificate C1 (only an informal online test) + B1 certificate(full score) + integrationskurs certificate (full score in orientation test) + citizenship test (full score)

6. Application was submitted under discretionary citizenship (Ermessenseinbürgerung §8 StAg) quoting exceptional integration skills + company's statement that I represent their interests and need to travel abroad often (my case actually)

7. After submission, 1 month security check + 2.5 weeks for the positive decision.Today I got citizenship certificate (Einbürgerungsurkunde) in a festive ceremony.

So it was a big effort on my side which paid off. So all those guys who are disheartened by the fact that BaWü, Bayern, Sachsen dont count education time in Germany needed for getting citizenship, see my case and just apply. Prove you are highly qualified and an asset for Germany and you can get through.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/10 3:04 PM as a reply to kan do.
@justdoit
If you change job after submittion of Einbürgerung application you have to inform them. As per your nick do not think much and justdoit. Once the process is started it will come to an end sooner or later does not matter and also you can not change it.

@supersid
Congratulations! u did it with super speed (Y)

Regards
Khan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/10 5:13 PM as a reply to kan do.
@ Supersid

I am living in Munich and working; I had finished PhD from Heidelberg before 5 years.

I recently visited Einbürgerung stelle at KVR and was told that even after integration course I am not having rights to ask for citizenship under §8 after 7 years because Gewöhlich aufenthalt is not 7 years because of education time. She told me to come back to KVR after 8 years finished.

What to do next ??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/10 2:06 PM as a reply to kan do.
As said, just apply. Do your Einbürgerungstest, language B1 and on top do the orientation course test (search on BAMF website). Submit O-Kurs + B1 to BAMF Regionalkoordinator and you will get Zertifikat Integrationskurs (this is an addition to your application)

Tell that you are highly qualified and there is a national interest to provide citizenship faster to people like you.

Tell them that the decisionmaking authority is the Regierung von Oberbayern in case of para 8 so they need to accept the application.

Write a nice motivation letter and dont just say I want to travel visafree emoticon

Ask your current employer to write a recommendation letter how great you are, how much Germany needs people like you AND if it is the case, that you need to travel international regularly and the citizenship will help you (this is a very important point).

AND JUST APPLY: BE STRONGHEADED AND FIGHT....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/10 10:08 AM as a reply to kan do.
Last Monday I informed the auslander amt that I am changing my job from 1st Nov. As per the rule when someone applies for citizenship and there is a change in status he needs to inform the amt.The auslanderamt responded in a letter stating that I need to provide them with the new contract,payslip and the reason of changing my last job(ie resignation letter or discharge letter). Here are my questions

1. My new job is limited to one year for the time being. The contract will terminate on 31st Oct 2011. I have also received a good compensation package from my last employer. Do you think there could be a problem in getting citizenship because the new contract is "Befristet" ? I have currently a Niederlassungs Erlaubnis status with Daueraufenthal-EG.

2. Also do you feel that to prove my financial solvency I should provide my Bank Statement although the Auslander Amt has not really asked for it.

Please help me on this subject as it is a slightly tricky situation.

Regards

Ikkyg
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/10 6:03 PM as a reply to kan do.
They can just decide a "yes" or "no". I dont see any reason for "No" because you still have a job and not getting any ALG or Hartz IV. So just provide the documents they ask and wait.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/10 9:54 PM as a reply to kan do.
dear all..today i got the letter from Darmstadt asking me to do a bank transfer for myself and my daughter (255 euros + 51 euros) and informing me that once they recieve the money then they would send the urkunde to the neu-isenburg standesamt.As i remarked earlier in this post i applied on october 1st 2010.so things seem to be fast in frankfurt.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/21/10 8:17 PM as a reply to kan do.
Hi xsridhar and everyone,

How long did the Security Check took you? I heard 6 months, but the Amt told me 60 days.

Also if they will ask me to give up my nationality, how will I be able to travel until I get the German passport? I think after the Urkunde the Passport take 6 months or so, am I right?

mg
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/21/10 10:16 PM as a reply to kan do.
my security check took 4 weeks. could differ state to state.

Well if you want to travel, you can get an emergency passport immediately at the normal bürgerbüro. passport issue takes about 4-5 weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/10 6:24 PM as a reply to kan do.
thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/29/10 5:41 PM as a reply to kan do.
wow..got a call from the neu-isenburg amt (just now) to collect the urkunde(s) on december 3rd ..

as posted earlier, summary of the timelines is as below

1st october -> submitted all my forms at the neu-isenburg einburgerungbehorde

13th october -> recieved acknowledgement from neu-isenburg amt that they forwarded my papers to Darmstadt amt.

16th october -> recieved acknowledgement from Darmstadt amt that they recieved my forms.

then everything was quite until november 13th

13th november -> recieved a letter from Darmstadt to transfer the money and i did it immediately through online.

29th november -> got a call from the neu-isenburg amt that i can collect the urkunde's on december 3rd friday.

came to germany in 2001 on the "green card" and working in IT like many others on this forum from that time onwards and did not have any break ..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/11 2:44 AM as a reply to kan do.
Hi Supersid,

you seems to be quite a benchmark to successfully acquire Hq-niederlassungserlaubnis and einburgerung in a short time.

quite a new member in this forum ...

I'm also preparing to apply for Hq-niederlassungserlaubnis after 5 years stay (only 3 years pesion paid). could you please be so kind and give me some hints how to write a cover letter for this application?

many thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/11 1:15 PM as a reply to kan do.
For your info - NE for HQ has nothing to do with pension contribution or language skills.

Just prepare your CV highlighting your qualifications and experience. Take a letter from your employer praising you emoticon and a so called Arbeitgeberbestätigung (letter of employment) saying what you are working as, how much you earn, job contract terminated or unternminated, permanent or not, and working since when.

If you earn well (above 66K per year) and dont have a jerk sitting there as an officer, it should work out.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/11 1:51 PM as a reply to kan do.
Dear friends

I applied for EB this year Feb also for my wife and kid.

My wife is in Germany by now 6 years. My kid is born in Germany.

The EB office told me that i will get it soon. But he expressed some complexity about my wife and kid. As my wife is not 8 years in Germany and my kid is small. My kid is 4 years. And she is going to Kita. They took the documents too.

I and my wife passed all the exams necessary and submitted all necessary documents.

Is there any criteria for depends to citizenship.

Any answers for the following will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in Advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Einbürgerung: My Story
Answer
8/1/13 3:25 PM as a reply to man01 man06.
Hi,

I would like to ask that i applied for German citizenship and after 6 weeks i got Einbürgerungsurkunde. I applied to cancel my previous citzenship a month ago. I donot know how long it will take but meanwhile i lost my Job and now getting arbeitlos Geld. I donot know what should i do. Should i inform ausländerbehorde ? do i have to give 
Einbürgerungsurkunde back ? Shall i get German Citizenship in this case or Not ?

Mustafa
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/14 10:51 AM as a reply to Super Sid.
Hello Supersid,

I am new to this forum and its really great to have this which lots of information.
I am applying for Einbürgerung and I have seen in this forum by you that a recommendation letter from the employer would be an added advantage. As my Employer is an English I dont think that he can make one. So, if anybody had got a letter like this and submittted in Amt, could you please share me the draft of it,

Thanks,
ind_trust7
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/14 10:53 AM as a reply to Super Sid.
[quote=Hello Supersid,

I am new to this forum and its really great to have this which lots of information.
I am applying for Einbürgerung and I have seen in this forum by you that a recommendation letter from the employer would be an added advantage. As my Employer is an English I dont think that he can make one. So, if anybody had got a letter like this and submittted in Amt, could you please share me the draft of it,

Thanks,
ind_trust7

supersid]For your info - NE for HQ has nothing to do with pension contribution or language skills.

Just prepare your CV highlighting your qualifications and experience. Take a letter from your employer praising you emoticon and a so called Arbeitgeberbestätigung (letter of employment) saying what you are working as, how much you earn, job contract terminated or unternminated, permanent or not, and working since when.

If you earn well (above 66K per year) and dont have a jerk sitting there as an officer, it should work out.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott